SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cabelas Prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas Prices Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
As usual I get a pretty stout gift card to Cabelas for Christmas.
But their prices are generally so high I have to cherry pick or just buy stuff only Cabelas has.

I’d really like a Viar 400P air compressor.
Cabela’s - 209.99 + tax
Amazon - $157 no tax

That is nearly a $66 difference.

Westin Max Winch Tray
Cabelas - $259.99 + tax + overweight shipping
Amazon - $230 shipped

At least a $40 difference because I have no clue how much the overweight shipping is.

And to top it off they got rid of our bargain cave so the deals just aren’t as good as they used to be.

I have been eyeballing a Nikon Spur red dot here recently and they seem to be the same price everywhere. So while there are things a little higher on my purchase list looks like from a cost savings standpoint that will be it. As I don’t believe Cabelas has price match.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts:

1 - Almost nobody beats Amazon's prices, Cabela's is no exception. 2 - Drop a hint to give you an Amazon gift card next year. Big Grin

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vortex® Razor® AMG™ UH-1™ Holographic Sight
SALE $399.99
$499.99
Save $100.00

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
gift cards were free ?? so it cost you nothing. no matter what you buy somewhere it's always cheaper , just think if we didnt have the internet.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabela's prices are high. I usually only shop there when I can't locate or order an item elsewhere, like the Kimber K6s. The only stores in the state that stocked them at the time were Cabela's, so I paid MSRP. In their defense, their overhead has to be huge.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my initial excitement about having a Cabelas in Virginia, the thrill is gone. Their prices are high and the guns in the Gun Library are disappointing, over-priced and in less than stellar condition.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Those differences really aren’t too bad. Try comparing auto parts prices. You’ll see much bigger differences.

Amazon has very little overhead compared to a brick and mortar store.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Saturday I picked up a Leopold VX3i for $259.00 out the door at Cableas. That was a great deal.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Saturday I picked up a Leopold VX3i for $259.00 out the door at Cableas. That was a great deal.

You can get some really solid deals.
Just have to do some hunting and tends to be the stuff I don’t exactly needs.

They have a set of their boots that are normally $100 on sale for $63. They are a solid boot and I snag a pair.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The Cabelas near me has a "Bargain Cave" inside. That's where the deals can be had.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
As I don’t believe Cabelas has price match.

They do price match, but have some pretty specific limitations on that...

From Matching Prices: (see link for terms and conditions)

Yes, Cabela's will Price Match In-Store and Online!

In-Store:
* If you find a lower advertised price from a competitors local store (within 100 mile radius) we will match that price.

Online:
* If you find a lower advertised price online from any of the below approved online competitors (only), we will match that price.
* Approved Online Competitor List: Academy, Backcountry, Brownells, Dicks Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, Gander Outdoors, L.L. Bean, Mack's Prairie Wings, Midway USA, REI, Scheels, and Sportsman's Warehouse.

ETA: I'm saving my points to get a Kamado Joe and you can bet I'll be looking to see if any of the sites listed have a better deal than Cabelas before I run in and make the purchase Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ShouldBFishin,

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
We have a Cabela’s close. Cool store, but yes prices are on the high side. Close enough to not be disappointed if they don’t have what I am looking for since they are only 10 minutes away.

I’ll check the bargain cave, or go for ad specials. Got a great deal on a Savage rifle/scope combo. On sale, Savage rebate, $50 off purchase if I opened a Cabelas CC, bonus Cabela’s bucks, and a $30 gift card. Ended up getting the “Trophy Hunter XP” combo with Nikon scope in .308 for about $325 when all was said and done.

Got a good deal on a P365 a few months back, even though it ended up being quite a fiasco. Never been impressed with the used gun collection though.

Used to get a 5% discount for being a veteran but I understand that went away when Bass Pro bought them out.

Took our grandson to see Santa, they definitely have a good set up for that.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSense:
The Cabelas near me has a "Bargain Cave" inside. That's where the deals can be had.

You near Louisville or Bowling Green.
Cherish that while it lasts. They got rid of ours and I complained they said since the purchase by Bass Pro they are all being phased out.

As for the price checks. We have a few off road shops within 100 miles I will have to check their prices on the compressor and winch tray.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I always looked at Cabella's/BassPro as a destination & experience. I have never walked into one of their retail locations and expected to find the lowest prices.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cabela’s - 209.99 + tax
Amazon - $157 no tax
Point of order. You may may be getting away with not paying it, but you do in fact owe a use tax if you buy the item from Amazon.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Cabela’s - 209.99 + tax
Amazon - $157 no tax
Point of order. You may may be getting away with not paying it, but you do in fact owe a use tax if you buy the item from Amazon.

I thought Amazon was collecting taxes in all the states (that have sales taxes). Anybody know for sure? They've been collecting tax in Utah for some time now.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought Amazon was collecting taxes in all the states (that have sales taxes). Anybody know for sure? They've been collecting tax in Utah for some time now.
Not sure whether they collect taxes in all states that have sales tax, or only in those states where they have a physical presence -- warehouses, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Cabela’s - 209.99 + tax
Amazon - $157 no tax

I have noticed it depends on if Amazon is the seller and if that items ships from that state.
We have facilities here but they only add sales taxes if it comes from a warehouse here if the package originated out of state I have not been charged tax.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I'm afraid of what is going to happen to their pricing now that Bass Pro owns them.

I get gift cards as well and have a Cabelas card and use it a bunch so I always have a lot of points to use.

I use the Blackhawk Axiom R/F 10/22 stocks on my Rimfire steel rifles and wanted to pick one up for my irons gun that I just had built last year. They are $84.99 at Cabelas compared to $69.99 other places which is now keeping me from even blowing my gift cards and points on one.

Skip on over to Bass Pro Shops to check out their prices... $99.99 for the same thing which if I remember correctly is MSRP.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Cabela’s - 209.99 + tax
Amazon - $157 no tax

If Amazon (or any other retailer) doesn't collect sales tax, the buyer still owes the use tax.

Enforcement of use tax is extremely difficult, so most people have been getring away with not paying. Further use tax is not new in the states that have it (and AFAIK all states that have sales tax also have a use tax), and it predates the internet.

States, like Colorado for example, are getting better about enforcing the payment of use tax. See LINK: Direct Marketing Association v. Brohl, No. 12-1175 (10th Cir. 2013)

Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote a concurring opinion in that case, when he was still at the 10th Circuit, and the US Supreme Court denied certiorari in that case.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post