SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    First time tasting Lime Cucumber Gatorade ( Pepino LimÓn for you migrants)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time tasting Lime Cucumber Gatorade ( Pepino LimÓn for you migrants) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
It tastes exactly like you'd imagine a lime/cucumber beverage would taste.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Like crap?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I tried it a few weeks back, and it certainly wasn't the worst Gatorade flavor I've tried. I would not call it "excellent", but it was not bad.

But then, I enjoy the very common Mexican snack that consists of cucumber slices with lime juice squirted over them and Tajin seasoning sprinkled on top. (Pepinos con chile)

So I'm already used to the lime/cucumber combination flavor. But I can certainly see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell you it tastes like SHIT. I picked up two large bottles of the stuff thinking it was just lime. I realized when I mixed it with the Miralax for the colonoscopy prep that it was lime cucumber. I was not about to go back to the store. It was simply god awful.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
You’re supposed to drink the Cucumber-Lime Smart Water. That has to be one of the most refreshing things I’ve had in a long time. Wish it wasn’t so damned expensive (for water).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried it . Not the worst thing I ever tasted .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yuck.
We bought a variety of Gatorade when my daughter had her tonsils out.
This was one of them & she was not a fan.

I begrudgingly downed them (mini-bottles luckily) after doing yard work & pouring sweat.
But, I feel the same about most grape flavored drinks, especially Gatorade. Reminds me of children's chewable Tylenol. Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It and original are my two favorite Gatorade flavors.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it tasted like ass the first time I tried it but it has grown on me. I grab a bottle or 2 occasionally for something different. As was mention, I like the smart water flavored better.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Cucumbers are like 85% water with very little flavor to begin with so I’m confused as to what is “cucumber” flavor?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I tend to love any food with lime or cucumber o r both combined. There's no way, imo, to make this Gatorade flavor drinkable. It goes along with watermelon flavored stuff. Love watermelon, but hate when it's a fake tasting watermelon flavor. This flavor just tastes off and watering it down didn't help.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Cucumbers are like 85% water with very little flavor to begin with so I’m confused as to what is “cucumber” flavor?

To me cucumbers have a lot of flavor and I pick up on it immediately when there's cucumber in something I eat.

Personally I like to slice them and let the slices soak in a bath of vinegar and sliced jalapenos or banana peppers.

Good stuff.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, cucumbers definitely have a noticeably distinct flavor.

If you don't believe me, and plain cucumber doesn't have any taste to you, an easy test is to try making cucumber water. (Made by soaking cucumber slices in water then drinking the water; it's a fairly common drink served at fancy-ish summertime gatherings.)

Then drink some of the cucumber-infused water alongside some plain water from the same water source as a control sample, and tell me you can't taste the distinct cucumber flavor. Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is a favorite.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I like to slice them and let the slices soak in a bath of vinegar and sliced jalapenos or banana peppers.
My wife soaks the slices in a salt water bath, then drains and mixes the cucumber with sour cream or yogurt (plain, un-flavored yogurt) and dill. Very tasty.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tend to love any food with lime or cucumber o r both combined. There's no way, imo, to make this Gatorade flavor drinkable. It goes along with watermelon flavored stuff. Love watermelon, but hate when it's a fake tasting watermelon flavor. This flavor just tastes off and watering it down didn't help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My roommate bought a juicer some years back. He put carrots, cucucumbers, potatoes and celery in the thing and then drank it. I refused to even taste it. Yuck...

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Cucumber Gatorade tastes like surprise! Big Grin

Like me, I think most people try it accidentally thinking it was another flavor.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
LOl. It’s my favorite flavor. Oh well. More for me

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Even tequila won't help the taste.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know there is a market for it but not for me. I couldn't choke it down when I was thirsty.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post