SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Morons with AR15s in my neighborhood, could have ended badly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morons with AR15s in my neighborhood, could have ended badly Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
So apparently we had a group of kids with tactical vests and AR15s decide to jump out of a truck in the street about 100 yards from my house. Turns out it was some college kids saying they were filming a movie for criminal justice class.

Im beyond pissed. One neighbor says they were shown a badge and they claimed to be police. The actual police showed up, one officer. Um... multiple suspects with vests and ARs and you send one cop?

Officer talked to them for a few minutes and then determined it was for a movie and left. These fucking idiots went on for another hour after she left. First off Im underwhelmed by the police response. One cop, and nobody even got an ass ripping for this? Then they continued on afterwards? WTF?? What if you just got home and saw this? Good way for someone to get shot.

Beyond bullshit. Im calling the university and wanting this kids ass for this. If they assigned this it should be someones ass. And why the fuck were they not immediately dispersed and sent home? Many of my neighbors are armed, probably most of them. This could have ended very badly. Middle of a beautful day, people out walking dogs, kids playing. Freaked a couple of the neighbor kids out bad, neighbors calling 911, people arming themselves. WTF

Fucking idiots like this give all gun owners a bad name. I have no idea if these were real ARs, probably not or I imagine the cop would have done something but still WTF?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post

Here is a pic from my neighbors camera

They are running directly at my house, about 80 yards away

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a legit film project, typically they would pull a permit, advise local PD and hire local off duty PD during filming. This was obviously just a "homework" project that could have gone terribly wrong. Seems more high school level than university.

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was there anyone filming it, doing multiple takes, or doing anything that that you would expect people shooting a movie to do?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
These fucking idiots went on for another hour after she left. First off Im underwhelmed by the police response. One cop, and nobody even got an ass ripping for this? Then they continued on afterwards? WTF?? What if you just got home and saw this? Good way for someone to get shot.

Sounds like this needs to get kicked up to a supervisor.

Beyond unacceptable. Everyone is really lucky nobody got shot, most of all the young stupids doing the "film project." Probably some shit for Youtube.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes it's entirely possible and probable that they were lying. I left the chair of the criminal justice department at the university a voice mail, even if they were lying he should know these idiots are out there claiming to be his students

posted Hide Post
Something like that happened in the town north of me. Some idiots were "filming" a "movie" without any permits or notifications to the police. Some "actors" entered into a bar door with guns and were seen by people outside who called police. The camera man was inside the bar.

Officer with gun drawn was outside as an "actor" exited the bar and ordered him to freeze and drop the gun. Idiot with a dumb look on his face turns toward the office dumbfounded, pointing the gun directly at him. Officer fired a shot and missed. Then the "actor" started yelling about it being a movie.

Idiot almost got himself killed and also nearly ruined the life of the officer as well.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
...the young stupids doing the "film project." Probably some shit for Youtube.

No doubt in my mind. Project this and prank that. Didn't some fucking dumbass get shot to death by his intended victim recently while doing a prank robbery for their 15 minutes of YT fame? These assholes in the OP's neighborhood keep doing their "project", and one of these days, they're going to get real lead poisoning. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actual ARs? Or airsoft ARs? Not that it matters. Agree the cops should have put a stop to it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say that you can"t fix stupid. Lucky that by the end of the day somebody wasn"t suffering from "lead poisioning(?) Somebody needs to be held responsible for for stupidity of these actions by the actual law enforcement personel as well as the student film makers and anyone having the students do this project. And just be glad some trigger happy citizen did not get involved . ................................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A movie was once filmed on my street. The movie company (Paramount?) sent employees to each house to advise us, and posted notices on our doors. It was nice, we all got to come out and watch and meet Robert Blake.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Seems like a way to get shot. It’s happened before. As most remember, the youth do dumb stuff at times.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turns out it was some college kids saying they were filming a movie for criminal justice class.

More likely filming a stunt for some stupid social media site. Sounds like local police dropped the ball and they were lucky that's the only thing dropped.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
A movie was once filmed on my street. The movie company (Paramount?) sent employees to each house to advise us, and posted notices on our doors. It was nice, we all got to come out and watch and meet Robert Blake.

If it ever happens again, ask for a couple of bucks for the effort ($200 or so...). Location Managers have an envelope of cash for just such occasions.

If Jane Fonda is filming down the street, I recommend distracting yourself by getting out the leaf blower. Negotiate accordingly.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’d be beyond bullshit, but would definitely have my local PD shut this crap down - UNLESS they have permits, approvals from neighborhood, etc. That is where you live, your family lives and like you I would be be POed.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local rapper wanna-be tried this a few years ago . The cops showed up . They were using real guns and I think they found dope too . BIG ordeal . He was arrested but later filed a lawsuit against the city for some kind of bullshit reason . I don't remember how it turned out .

Posts: 4054 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with shooting a movie with guns and whatnot.
However, you have to take extreme precautions otherwise you could get lit up with the real stuff pretty easy.
It would not end well.
It's like those videos you see where a clown or someone that dresses up as a perp to "scare" somebody just for views on a video clip.
You have it coming to you in those cases just for being stupid, real gun guys have the ultimate respect for weapons and safety.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post