SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I don’t suppose the marketplace seller was a guy named George...?

Big Grin

-Rob

umm... how many years ago was that? I've lost track. Everyone that joined after that date will wonder what we're talking about.

my apology for adding to the thread drift!

That is an oldie. Not a goodie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I got into baking bread using a bread machine. At one point in 2022 we decided to upgrade to a new bread machine.
A friend had recommended the Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso. On their web site it cost 400 dollars. I said no way thats to expensive.

For shits an giggles my wife looked on Amazon and sure enough they sold them. Brand new machine not a re build, Cost at the time was $275 plus with tax free shipping, they must have been on sale. The cost now is 400 dollars with 2 day shipping.
The best part was we ordered it at around 4pm and had it on our door step by 9 that night. That is the fastest we have ever received anything from amazon.

We have an Amazon distribution center 5 miles from our house.
I will watch a package tract from the point of origin to the warehouse near our home(5 miles away) then it is placed on a truck and sent to a distribution center 40 miles away from our home to be put on a truck to come back 40 miles to be delivered to our home.

I have a neighbor who works for Amazon and when I asked him about this he said that is just the way it works.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The day BEFORE Memorial Day 2023 I decided to clean my US Flag so that it was nice and clean for the next day. When I took it down I noticed it was starting to fray, so, immediately ordered a new one on Amazon. It was delivered ON MEMORIAL DAY!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Last month, I ordered a couple small batteries for a calculator. $1.74 for a two-pack. Third-party vendor, sold on Amazon. When the status still showed "order pending" or "awaiting shipment" or something similar, a week after they were supposed to be delivered, I kvetched to Amazon customer service. They refunded the payment and added a ten dollar "courtesy credit" to my account.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The quad cities is getting an Amazon fulfillment center on the north side of Davenport.

I wonder if how much faster we will get stuff delivered.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The quad cities is getting an Amazon fulfillment center on the north side of Davenport.

I wonder if how much faster we will get stuff delivered.

Potentially same day delivery.

There's a relatively new Amazon facility in Northwest Arkansas. Now, on items that are stocked at that facility, if I order before ~11 or noon I get the option for free Prime same day delivery in the late afternoon/early evening.

So I can order something in the morning and have it by around 5 pm.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Have any of you guys noticed this with Amazon drivers?

UPS, FedEx they pull over or pull off as much as they can as not to block traffic. They just seem overall more courteous on how they make deliveries.

Amazon, on the other hand, has no qualms about simply stopping in their truck right in the middle of a busy street, and jumping out, to hell with all the people behind them.

I see this play out all the time around here.

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

UPS, FedEx they pull over or pull off as much as they can as not to block traffic. They just seem overall more courteous on how they make deliveries.

Amazon, on the other hand, has no qualms about simply stopping in their truck right in the middle of a busy street, and jumping out, to hell with all the people behind them.
Yes, that is a general pattern here, too. UPS drivers are professional, as are FedEx express. FedEx ground is outsourced / contracted and much like Amazon, many of their drivers can be thoughtless.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
A few years ago I got into baking bread using a bread machine. At one point in 2022 we decided to upgrade to a new bread machine.
A friend had recommended the Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso. On their web site it cost 400 dollars. I said no way thats to expensive.

For shits an giggles my wife looked on Amazon and sure enough they sold them. Brand new machine not a re build, Cost at the time was $275 plus with tax free shipping, they must have been on sale. The cost now is 400 dollars with 2 day shipping.
The best part was we ordered it at around 4pm and had it on our door step by 9 that night. That is the fastest we have ever received anything from amazon.

We have an Amazon distribution center 5 miles from our house.
I will watch a package tract from the point of origin to the warehouse near our home(5 miles away) then it is placed on a truck and sent to a distribution center 40 miles away from our home to be put on a truck to come back 40 miles to be delivered to our home.

I have a neighbor who works for Amazon and when I asked him about this he said that is just the way it works.

It doesn't make sense to make logisitical exceptions. They may not even have truck for home delivery at the big distribution center, for one thing.

I have great success when ordering items stocked, sold, and shipped by Amazon. Third party sellers vary widely in their quality of service.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post