SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
I doubt we'll cancel Prime, but I'm going to be increasingly looking elsewhere for products.

Ordered some 377 button cells. It was only $6 for 10 of 'em, so when delivery was nearly a week, as opposed to the usual 2-3 days, I let it ride. (Though why they let it sit in there facility for five of those days is another question. But, still...)

Then they blew the delivery date. Then they blew the second delivery date. Open a chat. Paraphrased:

Amazon: That isn't sold by us
Me: True, but <pastes sold by an fulfilled by from the product page> it's shipped by you.

A: Well, when this happens we call it lost. I can refund you. Is that satisfactory?
M: If I hadn't needed these today it would have been.
A: I can refund you. You select a different product. Order it. Tell me the order number and I'll upgrade it to expedited shipping.
M: Just refund it. I'll have to figure something else out.

Used to be when Amazon blew it they'd just plain take care of it and get product to you at the speed of light--assuming it was still available. They wouldn't try to blame somebody else and then make you do all the work to make it right.

Now I'm off to eBay to look for batteries...

Oh, and the "something else" I did to solve my immediate problem? Bought four of the flippin' things at Walmart for about $12

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Was this a prime-eligible item? I've had a hard time finding batteries that are since most are being sold by 3rd parties.

I've just planned to find them elsewhere or plan ahead.

They still ship and deliver all the other stuff I need in two days every time, even with Sat and Sun delivery, even in this Godforsaken part of the world.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Was this a prime-eligible item? I've had a hard time finding batteries that are since most are being sold by 3rd parties.

Yup: It was a Prime-eligible item.

quote:
I've just planned to find them elsewhere or plan ahead.

I was planning ahead. I'd just put in the second set that came with the laser illuminator target thingy when I ordered them. Then I stupidly left it on and killed 'em overnight

I still would've been ok if Amazon hadn't blown the shipping seven ways from Sunday.

quote:
They still ship and deliver all the other stuff I need in two days every time, even with Sat and Sun delivery, even in this Godforsaken part of the world.

Like I said: I'm not dumping them, but they're entering Double Secret Probation territory.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking other places for purchases. Too many people I know have gotten counterfeit items. They will take it back but it is a hassle. I ordered the Felco bypass pruners from Home Depot and there was no shipping charge. The price was comparable.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I don’t suppose the marketplace seller was a guy named George...?

Big Grin

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have fought with Amazon a few times over blown "guaranteed" deliveries. Occasionally I have been fortunate enough to earn $30-$50 "credits" to my account. Just like Facebook et. all, there have been too many negative articles about Bezos - essentially how he is bullying and playing big metropolitan areas against each other to see who would give the biggest tax incentives for Amazon HQ2, and I asked myself "Why do I spend money to support him?"

So I said oh well, I'll pay maybe a few dollars more if needed, but I'm done supporting him and maybe I can try to better support local businesses. Deleted my account, never looked back.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I don’t suppose the marketplace seller was a guy named George...?

Big Grin

-Rob

umm... how many years ago was that? I've lost track. Everyone that joined after that date will wonder what we're talking about.

my apology for adding to the thread drift!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have had good service from them recently.
I built a watch storage box from an old silverware storage box.
I needed 18 watch pillows and found a listing for 20. They were a good price and on Prime so we ordered them.
Two days latter they showed up. First they only sent 12 and they were not as described. They were cheap so I was not worried about the money I just needed the rest of the pillows
My wife calls Amazon and lets them know they were short pillows and wanted them to send us the balance. My wife also mentioned they were not as described but that was not a big deal. With out even asking they refunded her the cost of the pillows.
In the end I ended up making my own pillows.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised you actually managed to speak with someone, even if it was in chat. Amazon makes it nearly impossible to reach them.

A couple of years ago, a package was delivered to my home, but addressed to someone unknown to me.

I tore apart the Amazon web site trying to find someone I could contact and report this mis-delivery. I finally found a contact and notified them of their error and asked how I should go about returning the product.

"Oh, just keep it," was the reply. "We'll just mark it as lost."

Sadly, it was a gift-wrapped tennis thingy. I had no use for it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
jeffbezos@amazon.com ?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've always used chat to resolve issues but you can email them here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
jeffbezos@amazon.com ?

I believe it's just jeff@amazon.com. From what I've read, he never responds but if something catches his eye, he will forward to one of his folks and ask them to take care of it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'm surprised you actually managed to speak with someone, even if it was in chat. Amazon makes it nearly impossible to reach them.

A couple of years ago, a package was delivered to my home, but addressed to someone unknown to me.

I tore apart the Amazon web site trying to find someone I could contact and report this mis-delivery. I finally found a contact and notified them of their error and asked how I should go about returning the product.

"Oh, just keep it," was the reply. "We'll just mark it as lost."

Sadly, it was a gift-wrapped tennis thingy. I had no use for it.

I had a delivery issue last week...I called customer support and it was answered on the second ring...that's generally been my experience.

In this case it wasn't amazon that screwed up, it was USPS, but it was all sorted out in the end. Amazon called USPS the next day, then followed up with me confirming it was handled.

What I did find interesting was when my case was closed out, the rep left a note thanking me for being so courteous and understanding. Makes me wonder how people treat them typically if me just thanking her for looking into it for me and correcting it warranted an extra note...

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We just dumped Prime, never got our money's worth. The main use I have for Amazon is reading reviews and gaining useful information from that is only so straightforward.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a refrigerator water filter @10 am last Saturday and it was delivered @ 8 pm the same day.

I was amazed at that service. It cost me $0 for same day delivery with Prime.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a new truck and ordered a Tonneau cover on Amazon the same day. I had it the next morning and it was on the truck the next afternoon. I’m still an amazon fan.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
umm... how many years ago was that?

9 or 10 years ago?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:

9 or 10 years ago?

It was 2006 or early 2007. So 12 or 13 years ago Eek

Time flies!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:

9 or 10 years ago?

It was 2006 or early 2007. So 12 or 13 years ago Eek

Time flies!

Some things should never be forgotten!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I can't help but notice that Prime isn't so prime as it once was. The 2-3 day delivery still happens most of the time, but for our household they miss that window more often than they did just 2 years ago. I used to be able to order stuff without really thinking "will it be here on time"; that's something that can't be done anymore. Raise the price, lessen the service; yeah, that's good business. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post