SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Mediocre EXPECT You To Carry Them
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mediocre EXPECT You To Carry Them Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
@ bald1 -

He's knowledgeable enough about the theoretical stuff, but with no practical knowledge about the design & construction.

I think the owner who is approaching seventy is just trying to ride out his remaining years.

The business is like a license to print money. However, it's so specialized it isn't a candidate for outright sale of the company.

I've only got a coupla' more years myself. My honest feeling is that without the owner & I being involved it likely won't continue.

C'est la vie...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Surprising, I haven't heard any mention of her threatening to go over your head.

I had one engineer who needed my signature on an engineering change request. His line was always "this project is hot! The division president wants this push through."

I said I need to review it and do the associated work when I do have the time because I was busy at the moment with something else. He said, "Do you want me to go to the President and tell him what you said to me?" I said, "No, let's both go to the President and I'll tell him myself why this isn't happening because you've handed this to me only now."

He stopped doing that "emergency" shit from that time on.

Sometimes you need to show the person you're willing to bring in a big hammer into the picture for an attitude adjustment on her part.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Surprising, I haven't heard any mention of her threatening to go over your head.

Yeah, that ship has sailed long ago.

She ain't even allowed in his office.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I saw her supervisor take her into the downstairs conference room.

Now she is avoiding me. Her project is still a train wreck and I had to work the weekend to straighten out the preliminary art.

The marketing director came into my office yesterday to find out exactly what was going on as she is a nosy chatty Kathy that has an office right across from her.

I sat her down next to me and went over the garbage step by step. She just went, "oh". "Damn". Then just slinked back off to her office after seeing the ugly truth for herself.

I got told, no ordered to go confront her about the sloppy work as I out rank her by miles and to take corrective measures with her work habits.

My first reply was absolutely DO NOT let her work from home. Period.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Mars, Just a question. After all this and a shitshow, why are you fixing this? She delivered a flawed project, Failed to meet any parameters she was informed of and basically threw a dumpster fire on your desk. I'd a blown a head gasket by this point and believe me I had dealt with train wrecks aplenty in a prior life.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, I had this meeting with her, the project manager and she was so hostile I had to get up and walk out. She was absolutely ripping the prototypes apart and it was all her color specs.

I get an email from her supervisor that we will meet again to get the specs I need for my production. She was not in the meeting and he said he would relay the specs to her and I would have proper art from her.

It was not a move she wanted to make. He was VERY irritated with her as the project is further delayed due to her uncooperative attitude. She's not an authority and will never be one. She is to follow my directions and not argue.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the cross-matrix organization sometimes.

You just tell them what to do and it's their manager who deals with the HR related attitudes. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link won't help you out brother, but hope it gives you a chuckle: it reminds me of David Thorne. Dude does this passive aggressive thing quite well. Missing Missey. https://27bslash6.com/missy.html

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post