SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Internet tracking
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internet tracking Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Or whatever it's called.

I watched one Youtube video on keto dieting. In less than two hours I've received four emails with something about keto dieting in the subject line. Mad

And don't get me started on the pop-up ads for whatever you've looked at previously.

I swear, the greatest and the worst invention in the history of the human race in the damned internet. If it went away tomorrow I would jump for joy.

Bring back Encyclopedia Brittanica!

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
internet is good.

it's the fucks at google etc that mine you for information and sell it. they know best about what you want apparently.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way. Each email you get like that costs them money. Since it is not effective on you, it's a dead loss for them.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Someday Google will be providing everyone’s eulogy with a complete snapshot of their life.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Love the internet.

The accumulated knowledge of the entire world can be found there for free.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Yes! It would be even better if we could have it online. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

You’re gonna cause a paradox with that thinking. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

We do.

https://www.britannica.com/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the problem with most social media sites: If you don't know what their product is, you're not their customer, you're their product.

Of course, that's the agreement when they're giving you content apparently "free".

A better, anti-tracking browser like Brave versus using the app can help to the extent it can.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post