SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Greedy people and karma threads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greedy people and karma threads Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I contributed because this is such a great place and Para really cares. Whether there is a karma benefit or not would not change my contribution. I don't always agree with comments by members here, but I never get in to a war of words with people because I believe they wrong. I am damn thankful that there is a place of sanity in this now upside down world.I will say I don't always read every post of a topic and can see how this post started.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Karmas is an interesting subject.

I live in a Galaxy far, far away. Enter a marma every now and then knowing that winning is just the beginning of a logistic nightmare. I need the assistance of another member or US based friend to receive and hold the karma for me, likely for years.

Still, i put my name on the hat and hope for the best. It implies i will do my best to travel to the US again someday and have the opportunity to meet another member f2f and collect the goodies on top of that.
Karmas are reminders of all the good people of SF that i get to wear or enjoy on a regular basis.
So much good in them.

Not giving up on winning a DT watch before i croak Wink I just enter for those that would enter my weekly rotation.

Learning of all the products and stuff you guys have is like browsing those department store catalogs i saw when i was a kids, the toys section.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I don’t see any biggie, the main thing is the poster abides by that particular ‘karma’ rules. If not, they can be excluded later.

Yes, a real firearm is in the top end of offerings. Much of the time it’s something to good to throw away, no use for it, but someone else would have a need.

I try not to get bent about most things.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Since nobody else has said it:

Karma? Great, please include me!!

You win this thread.

The first response that entered my head when I saw this thread close to reply, “I’m in”. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Since nobody else has said it:

Karma? Great, please include me!!

You win this thread.

The first response that entered my head when I saw this thread close to reply, “I’m in”. Big Grin

At least it wasn’t a response stating “Please enter me.”

Eek

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I did a karma once. It was a holster. A bunch of people were interested in it. I picked the winner, shipped it to him and as soon as he got it he put it up for sale in the classifieds. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a remarkably crass thing to do.

I love karmas. I recently won the sci fi book one. Loving The Crucible of Time.

It’s like Christmas and lotto tickets if they had a baby.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

You make me laugh. You and your high post count.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Anything I receive from a "friend" or as a result of a significant event, becomes a treasure.

I find such things tie physical to "spiritual", and have "energy".'

It may be nothing more than some odd shit in my head, or it may be something the universe takes note of.

But, I have many things like this, none of them are "idols" or "talismans", but significant to me, and the "connection" to the person that also had "intimacy" with that object, gives me opportunity to think of that person, and have a benevolent thought of them, and a quick prayer for positive blessing in their life.

It may be nothing, or it may be the only thing. But it pleases me to do so.

Those here, that have crossed path with me, physical item, or time in company, have this small thing to hold on to, if it helps.

No one journeys alone. Remember all you encounter, you never know when you'll need what they left with you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:...
You make me laugh. You and your high post count.

I'm high profile... LOL.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
'This', or 'That'...Apparently it makes a difference.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post