SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate scammers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate scammers Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Got this email today. Wonder what % of people would bite on this. Obviously enough for them to do it. Nice that they offer a cancellation period. Just call.

Dear

Thank you for choosing Best Buy Geek squad services

This email is to confirm that your subscription for Total Tech Support Annual plan has been auto renewed for $399.99 as per your electronic consent.

Please find below the order details.

In case of any assistance, Please call our customer service 18555864739 (Toll Free)

Order No: FGSTR457ST906940

Service Renewed: Total Tech Support (3 Devices)

Service Period: 1 year

Renew Date: 01/31/2022

Service Expiry: 01/30/2023

Item Price: $ 399.99

Shipping: $ 0.00

Total Price: $ 399.99

We offer you a 24 hours of probation period to cancel this service and get your refund. We are here to assist you in every aspect.

For assistance please reach us at: 18555864739 (Toll Free)

Warm Regards,

Billing Team

Best Buy 18555864739

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually get one of these weekly. If it’s not geek squad, it’s Norton or some other annual software license for something!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife gets messages from " Amazon " about once a week . Click on this link to update your delivery info , etc.

Posts: 4057 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I find the email address it was actually sent from. For example, two today about “pending shipment” originated from “postit@uuetbu.tazaglot.com” and “postit@mmsvdl.lifext.bid” Obviously both are bullshit as no legitimate outfit would use such an email address.

BTW, it takes seconds to see if charges have really been applied to an account and I recommend doing that before calling any number or clicking any link in a sketchy email out of nowhere.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be thankful they didn’t charge you shipping.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My lucky day! Got a text from Dr. OZ offering me 200 dollars worth of CBD. I thought he was busy running for public office. How stupid do they think Americans are? You know if Chuck Norris sent it that might have some credibility.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I just got one from Richard Wahl, a maga-millionaire winner, who is donating some of his money. I've been selected (by "spin ball") to receive $2 million, by ATM CARD! Boy, I'd hate to have my wallet stolen once I get that!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a month ago I had an hour long conversation with some guy that claimed to be with Publishers Clearinghouse . He said I had won a Ford F150 and a gas card and $10,000 etc. All I needed to do was go purchase two Visa Gift Cards to give to the driver when he dropped off the truck later that evening . This was to " cover the taxes " . I'm pretty sure nobody was going to show up with a truck , so I'm not sure how the scam was going to go down exactly . I strung him along for as long as I could and then finally told him no deal and hung up .

Posts: 4057 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post