SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Blue Cross Blue Shield trips up Kroger Pharmacy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Cross Blue Shield trips up Kroger Pharmacy Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Blue Cross Blue Shield... not a small company, maybe you have heard of them, apparently Kroger has not! Roll Eyes I fully expected processing my covid shot would be quick easy and automatic...

Nope! kid on the computer could not set it up and neither could the manager! Told me for them to get paid I had to have some card to prove plan B coverage. I have the Blue Cross Blue Shield Garnet Advantage plan, thats it, and told them as much... No they said you have to have this other card... I had my current valid BCBS card and ID.

They were completely lost... as was I.

Finally they said they would give the shot but I had to call Medicare and get an approval number then for me to call BCBS and give them the number, then call Kroger with the number and let them know they can submit the claim to be reimbursed...

I got the shot, I left, F'em. I ain't calling shit. We will see how this plays out I guess!

I got a receipt with a paid in full $0.00 charge and $0.00 balance.

WTF Kroger. Am I missing something here? At least I got the one and done.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Let them figure it out. If they had your insurance card they should be able to if not it's on them.

From what I understand there is no cost for the vaccine. If you have insurance they will bill your insurance if not I think the government gets the bill. Either way from what I have read you will not be responsible for it in anyway.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked as a Kroger pharmacy tech. Figuring out insurance and medicare was the worst part of the job. It is a hideously complex nightmare.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have the Joe Namath plan. Medicare Advantage programs are the worst for requiring PA. Contrary to what Joe says, everything is not FREE.

Your anger is misplaced. Blue Cross is the problem. Medicare Advantage programs control cost by requiring the provider or pharmacy to get permission for almost everything. It is their method of controlling cost.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
My wife set up our vaccine at a drugstore, Walgreens or CVS.

They said it was free. But during the check in, they asked if we had insurance. We said yes. She said she needed it just for the record and it will still be free. Okay.

Come to find out, they billed the insurance for $60 and the insurance paid $40. I still didn't have to pay anything. But I figured it was between the pharmacy and the government.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
"Free" is a misdirection. Someone is paying for it. Ultimately, you and I, the taxpayer. And our future generations.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
It's real simple...
If you have insurance to cover the shot they get reimbursed by your insurance.
If you don't have Ins. they get reimbursed by the Government.
I could not care less if my BCBS covers the shot or not or who reimburses Kroger.

I have BCBS and that includes part B coverage. We have never had ANY issues with our BCBS coverage before.

My beef is with Kroger because of the fact that despite dealing with giving the shot for months and months and hundreds of times they didn't have any staff on duty that had any idea how to actually deal with the process, despite having open appointment and walk in times advertised available for that afternoon. Maybe the person responsable was on lunch for that hour I was there.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Safeway's pharmacy aka Albertsons didn't ask for squat. They advertised the shots for free and they were.

Simply fill out the basic CDC form indicting if you had allergies or a recent illness, etc. and proceed to get the needle.

And FWIW I'm Medicare B plus TriCare For Life

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
My beef is with Kroger because of the fact that despite dealing with giving the shot for months and months and hundreds of times they didn't have any staff on duty that had any idea how to actually deal with the process, despite having open appointment and walk in times advertised available for that afternoon. Maybe the person responsable was on lunch for that hour I was there.

Well, you did go to a grocery store to get medical attention, so.... Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Well you got me there! BUT in my defense.
Kroger and Walgreens were the only two places in town that had the J&J one and done on hand.
Our Walgreens is always swamped and are sloooow every time I have ever been there so I decided just to go to Kroger... plus Kroger had all my info already on file as I had a prescription filled there once.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Well you got me there! BUT in my defense.
Kroger and Walgreens were the only two places in town that had the J&J one and done on hand.
Our Walgreens is always swamped and are sloooow every time I have ever been there so I decided just to go to Kroger... plus Kroger had all my info already on file as I had a prescription filled there once.

Are you a fighter or, are you food?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post