SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    WARNING: New TSP site logon process extremely flawed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WARNING: New TSP site logon process extremely flawed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If it'll make you feel any better, "customer service" is lacking - or maybe non-existent - at other US gov sites.

We had to change bank accounts a few weeks ago, had to notify OPM, SS, and DFAS for direct deposit. It has been very painful, and we're not even sure if we're GTG with DFAS.

No dealings with TSP, when I retired 5.5 years ago we rolled the entire TSP over into an IRA.

FWIW, I often call other non-gov numbers like United Air lines and Viking River Cruises. Yeah, I may be on hold for up to half an hour, but that's light years better than what we've encountered with those gov agencies.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Still nothing from the "tech team" since the 10th when I last called. What bullshit!

On hold again as I'm calling yet again... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Usual game. Back and forth with CSR who is nice but cannot help. Just leave it alone for a few days. When it is working move your money if you so desire.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A new low.... 70 minutes on hold and they simply disconnect me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I deal with this sort of stuff on a regular basis. Take a break of seven days and then check back. I once had to download forms and have them notarized in order to get in line to log in.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I called last Monday and waited for 80 mins. The person who answered cannot answer my question (not log in related). Said I will be transferred to another department. I asked if I have to wait another 80 mins. She said YES. I asked if she have the direct number to that department, just in case I get disconnected. Her answer was NO. I was transferred and 20 mins into the next waiting period, I suddenly got disconnected. Mad

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
39 minute wait this morning. Reps now have been equipped with a special one time code to reset everything which allowed me, while online with the rep, to successfully establish a new user ID/password.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Thought they would be closed for Juneteenth. Lucky you.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The pain doesn't stop however. I'm down 19.6% since the beginning of the year thanks to Pedo Joe and his commie cohorts. Mad

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds about right. Down some more and then back up. Will take awhile.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Down some more and then back up. Will take awhile.

Yeah but at age 75 taking "awhile" isn't an endearing prospect. Red Face

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I thought you were older. lol. You are basically are at when Trump was elected. You have time.