SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why lie about package delivery?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why lie about package delivery? Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
There's truly no accountability. None.

I have had 1 "attempted delivery" and then 2 packages delivered to the wrong address in a row.

I'll bet it was FecEx ground and contractors.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've been there... though I can't recall who I was dealing with, some delivery. "The driver was unable to deliver because there was no one home to sign for it". I told the woman on the phone, not only was I home all day, I was standing in the damn driveway from 8AM to 9PM changing a head gasket. Your diver is full of it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother stopped his usual UPS driver and asked her why every package he recieved had been opened.

It hasn't happened since

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I get that COVID, labor shortages, increased package volume, etc. are adding significantly to the problem. But it's been an ongoing issue since well before 2021.

Several years ago at my last house, there was a period of time where you could flip a coin as to whether a USPS package that was "Out for Delivery" would actually be delivered that day, or be marked as "Delivery Attempted - No access to delivery location" at end of shift at ~6:00 pm, and then delivered the following day.

Literally 50% of the time, my house would somehow be "inaccessible" on the scheduled day of delivery, yet magically "accessible" the next day, despite no changes on my end. And it was a normal suburban house in the middle of town, not anything weird like being way out in the boonies, or being surrounded by a giant fence, or having a pack of rabid hyenas that intermittently prowled the property, or whatever.

That postman or his supervisor were just cooking the books.

I talked my postmaster about that. I was complaining since they're falsifying records. He told me that they use that scan often when it's another reason for the delay. Like when they just run out of room in the rural postal delivery driver's car, they don't actually load the package in the car... they don't have a scan for that, so they just scan inaccessible because it takes the weight off them.

I'm glad I moved to a different spot since then.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
FedEx is hit or miss these days. I wish FedEx, USPS & UPS could get their shit together and try to be more like DHL. I buy and sell a lot of watches both domestically and internationally and the only shipping company I have not noticed experience a significant decline in service and quality is DHL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got one of the "your package has shipped" notices just today from Primary Arms. Click the tracking link and the carrier has no idea of the package.

I know they have boxed, labelled and created a tracking number, it's not particularly annoying seems most sellers use a similar software process for shipping/tracking.

Although it should be titled, "we've pulled your item and boxed it up, entered it into the system and printed a shipping label" notice.

Razz

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m usually pretty forgiving. I had a package coming today, FedEx, kinda hung around for it. I get a call about 4:15, asking for an appointment, it’s ‘freight’.

Anyway, now I’m out to June 22nd, since I’ll be out of town next week. I’m just saying, they should of never showed it would be delivered today. Last it was in Central IL, plus they want to talk before delivery, 155 pounds.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS got me for a magpul 870 stock set.Said it was delivered last Friday at 14:13. Got home after work and no package. Called customer care and was told it was hand delivered with signature. My wife and I were at work and no one was home..

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post