SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New puppy...whinging about a blessing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New puppy...whinging about a blessing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wait until the chewing starts. There's 2 full years of dealing with that ahead. Good news is that once he's past the terrible two's he'll be a great dog.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sweet pup. Hide all the furniture you love..same with shoes. They are worth it though.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

When the wife needs a break, in the crate, with a toy…

When we got our Aussie 15 years ago, this was the hardest part. Aussie developed a territorial attachment to the grate and got upset when I tried to put the wife in it for her time outs Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!

She'll come around.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL dog!

When we got our first dog as a married couple, my wife did NOT want him (there was some serious lack of communication going on there). She told me it was 'my' dog and I was to care for it. No prob. After about a month, she came around, and she ended up far more protective of him than even I was. I can't guarantee your wife will feel the same way, but it is definitely possible.

You probably already know this, but Labs were bread to hunt in the field for 12 hrs a day, so he will require a lot of exercise.

Also, you named him after the god of mischief, so good luck with that. . . Wink

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Training the trainer. That’s what it’s called. It’s never the dog’s fault, it’s the damn handler.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post