SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What a great morning so far.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a great morning so far. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Being retired I have gone back to my usual sleep cycle, bed between 1 to 2 A.M., get up around 8 unless I have something specific to do. Even if I am working part time this is the norm as the earliest I have to be in is at 9:30 A.M.

So at 1:30 I let the dog out and go into the kitchen for some last minute cleanup. Rinse the sink out, it's backing up. Take the trap off, not a good sign as I'm getting backflow when I take both sides of the trap off.

After screwing with it for a half hour I go to the local Meijer to get drain cleaner and a sink plunger. Come home, plunge 15 minutes. Give up, pour the drain cleaner, used two quarts. At 3:10 I leave a note for my wife that I give up, I'll call a plumber in the morning. Suddenly as I put the note down I hear a gurgle, the plug broke.

So I run hot water, flush both toilets to make sure that crud hits the sewer. Now I'm whipped, time to go to bed. So I think.

Bloody nose starts up! So at present I'm laying on the couch nice and quiet hoping despite the blood thinners I'm it will stop.Now 3:35 A.M.

At least I don't need a plumber now.

Ahhh, the life of a retiree.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well now. I know what you mean about blood thinners and nose bleeds. I had to go to the ER about 7 yrs ago because mine wouldn't stop. Frown

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be glad it was your nose. Once mine was, uh, elsewhere.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Hey, update tonight.

Drain is still running.

Nose is not still running.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But, did you ever let the dog back in?

Sorry for your troubles

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post