SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Literally.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Literally. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
another common word crime I'm sick of is surreal. Winning the championship or having a wonderful date are not surreal.

Wandering around Burning Man high on LSD is surreal.

Wandering too close to Burning Man would be ultra Surreal !

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
surreal

ADJECTIVE
1. having the qualities of surrealism; bizarre.
"a surreal mix of fact and fantasy"
synonyms:
zany · madcap · offbeat · quirky · outlandish · eccentric · idiosyncratic · ridiculous · nonsensical · crazy · absurd · insane · far out · fantastic · bizarre · peculiar · weird · odd · strange · cranky · freakish · funny · amusing · comic · clownish · bizarro
surrealism

NOUN
1. a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature which sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by the irrational juxtaposition of images.

So listening to one of Gropey's speeches would be literally surreal?,

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Two summers in a row, I cleaned bathrooms third shift at the State Fair Park during the two weeks of the State Fair. I showed up three hours early and mucked the sheep pens for the extra pay. Is it ok if I says this was literally a shit job? I was going to post it in a thread where people were saying that certain jobs were beneath them, but figured I should check first.

Posts: 10999 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Two summers in a row, I cleaned bathrooms third shift at the State Fair Park during the two weeks of the State Fair. I showed up three hours early and mucked the sheep pens for the extra pay. Is it ok if I says this was literally a shit job? I was going to post it in a thread where people were saying that certain jobs were beneath them, but figured I should check first.

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic (i.e. Poe's Law of the internet), but I'll give you a serious answer.

Yes, to describe that as a literal shit job would be accurate. It reminds me of the septic service company whose slogan was, "Your shit is our business."

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
"Your shit is our business."

Fred’s Sanitary Service of Hartland, WI, “Your shit is our bread and butter.” It’s been 35 years since I lived there. Very effective slogan considering it wasn’t on the radio or TV.

Posts: 10999 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post