SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lost my EDC FENIX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my EDC FENIX Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Bought at a super deal after a member posted it a couple years or so ago. It was a FENIX E30R I think. 1600 lumens.

I usually empty my pockets before mowing the yard because stuff has been known to work it way out while mowing my roughish ~4 acres.

A couple weeks ago I forgot to empty my pockets until after I started, when I remembered I stopped and put everything in the cup holder on my mower then continued.

Well, the cup holder has a deep slot down on side in case you have a mug with a handle... yea hadn't noticed that before.

My light apparently slid/bounced out the slot and is somewhere on my 4 acres. When I noticed it my Kershaw was on its way out as well!

I even solicited the help of several grandkids to find it by making the light the "Golden Egg" during their Easter egg hunt and put a bounty of 20 bucks on it... no one found it. Mowed three time since and not found it.

It wasn't perfect, was hard to get used to the switch functions and was just barely bright enough to light the perimeter of my property at night but I wan't in the mood to replace it just yet!

I have looked pretty good from outside/above and around the mower itself to make sure it isn't hung up in it... my last hope is to jack up the mower and search for it underneath.

Guess I'll be in the market for a replacement. I carried it clipped on my pocket, perhaps I need one with a pouch?

If I had lost the light AND my Kershaw to would have been a really expensive lawn mowing day.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Know anyone who has a metal detector? Might be worth a try.

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Buy another and you're sure to find it your next time out!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buy a pack, put them on things you have, keys, lights, knife, etc...

https://www.apple.com/airtag/

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At least your is hopefully findable.

I lost my Olight on a United plane & didn't realize it until I was a baggage claim.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Broke my PD32 last night, went to buy a new one, no longer available only the V2 version with no light level selector button, just a multi-function tail switch. Then luckily I checked my purchase history and realized realized that this one was only three years old so I called to set up a warranty repair. Hopefully they still have parts or old new stock they send me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It's next to my Maui Jim shades, two of my three car keys, and I've lost count of the 10mm sockets. I think it's some kind of alternate dimension or something. But don't worry, as soon as you buy the replacement, the lost one will turn up.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Love my E30R, its my EDC as well.

The good news is that buying a replacement will ensure you find it.
The bad news is that you will probably find it by sucking it through the mower blades and cost you even more money.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Love my E30R, its my EDC as well.

The good news is that buying a replacement will ensure you find it.
The bad news is that you will probably find it by sucking it through the mower blades and cost you even more money.

Ya, with my luck I can see the mower hitting it and throwing it through one of our 8' wide double pane sliders Eek

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Ha..., wife said what's the big deal, and why spend that much on a little flashlight?? So she then showed me her light, 5 bucks at Walmart, probably all of 30 lumens. Roll Eyes

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Heck, some short time after post-retina detachment surgery, I lost my pair of glasses. I don't know where I put them or lost them. Fortunately, I still have a second pair.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I lost my Fenix TK41 Flashlight. I have had it over 10 years and love that thing.
Nothing like it anymore.

Disappointed.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This is why I carry a cheap $30 light. I loose one every couple of years. They also go through the wash. But the Microstream USB has actually held up well going through the occasional wash and dry.
Lost my current one a week or so ago. Usually it turns up so I usually wait a week before ordering. No such luck so I just ordered another.
I don’t need crazy lumens for EDC. If I need bright I go grab something brighter.
Streamlight 66608 250 Lumen MicroStream USB Rechargeable Pocket Flashlight with 5" USB Cord, Coyote, Clamshell Packaging https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0...SR6TS3GKH5H4FC0P1Z14

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Absolutely never fails. My EDC light has been missing about 2 weeks.
Ordered a replacement the other day and is set to arrive today.
I grab my nice pants out of the drawer to iron them for the boy’s first communion today and what is clipped right there to my pocket? Think I wore them to Easter Mass last.
My flashlight

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Bright side: now you've got a spare!

(... said the guy whose own "spare" light is on the desk in front of him right now.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
New head in for my PD32, flash light is back doing flash light things again! Love Fenix customer service, 2nd time they took excellent care of me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Buy another and you're sure to find it your next time out!"

Five weeks w/o a box cutter that went missing.

Purchased another,
Found the A.W.O.L. box cutter the very next day,
Wasn't even looking for it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've come to a point where I think I want anything I carry on my person, tethered to me.

Even the tethers should have tethers.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I've come to a point where I think I want anything I carry on my person, tethered to me.

Even the tethers should have tethers.
You could get some paracord. I heard that it's on sale.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
Best part is when you do find it, it will still work. Lost mine on my hunting property last fall, found it this spring on a trail where it was run over multiple times by a pickup. Just like the post office, neither rain, snow, sleet, will stop it from working. Six months in the woods, cleaned it up a bit, works fine.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post