SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    California Archers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Archers Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Back from Nationals in San Diego and I have to vent.

It's a god damn stick and a string that launches another pointy stick. It's not some mystical magical device that transports you to a Zen like state coming in touch with your inner-self in a past life in a simpler existence bringing you your inner-peace. Go to the adult bookstore on the other side of I-5 they probably have a more cost effective solution for you.

Why in the name of Zuess's butthole would a parent buy their 9 year old a $1,400 Hoyt RX riser with bamboo limbs and $600 worth of Easton X10 arrows when they can barely keep 3 arrows on a single target bale?

To the recurve archer that said, "I'm an archer, you can wait!" as I politely said, "Excuse me." while I was trying to get through the passageway to the equipment storage area. Excuse me I'm an archer, an archer's dad and an archery coach and I need to get one of my archers their backup release since they just had an equipment failure on the line. How did my knee in your right butt cheek feel as I forced my way through?

No, I'm not evil because I shoot a compound instead of a recurve. I also prefer the taste of elk instead of tofu.

What? You're seriously going to pay $50 to file a dress code protest because an archer's jersey has their shop logo which includes an antlered elk skull and you find it offensive? Here, let me pay $50 to file a protest on your shop's hot pink jerseys. I find it offensive that you have men wearing hot pink.

We love going to the Olympic Training Center in San Diego for tournaments. It's just a fundamentally different crowd and mentality from what we have here in Arizona.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Commiefornia, I mean California once. No archery or competition, just a visit.
I will not go back.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wow. Sounds like California is the place NOT to be. On one hand I like the idea of making people pay to lodge a complaint. But if a place also feels it has to charges members to complain, it says a lot about the members of that place too. Even they recognize their members (themselves) are full of shit.

As for expensive equipment and no skill. Happens a lot. All you can do is shake your head and laugh.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The $50 to file a protest is not a California thing, it's in the USA Archery rule book. I don't have a problem with it. It's $50 to file a protest and it is refunded if the ruling goes in your favor. It usually keeps out the frivolous protests.

What I do have a problem with is somebody feeling so righteous that they need to enforce their views and values on everyone else.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'll be in whackyland next month, actually a rather conservative area but still with leftist idiots around.

I'll do my part to engage the loons and enjoy watch them getting their heads spinning. Nothing works better than logic and facts. Big Grin

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
The $50 to file a protest is not a California thing, it's in the USA Archery rule book. I don't have a problem with it. It's $50 to file a protest and it is refunded if the ruling goes in your favor. It usually keeps out the frivolous protests.

What I do have a problem with is somebody feeling so righteous that they need to enforce their views and values on everyone else.

There's the problem. Asshat thought he was right and would get his money back. If the book said the Archery Club kept the $50, he would have had to stew in his own juices.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I almost forgot, it's a tournament, we keep score, that's the fucking point. I don't care if someone else scored higher than you did and recording their scores makes you feel sad, get the fuck over it, practice, get better then maybe you'll win next year.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Likewise in other competitive sports, for example IDPA and USPSA each charge $100 to file a written appeal, refunded if the decision is in your favor.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let me know if you are ever in a situation like that again, I would gladly donate you $50.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a god damn stick and a string that launches another pointy stick. It's not some mystical magical device that transports you to a Zen like state coming in touch with your inner-self in a past life in a simpler existence bringing you your inner-peace.

Oh, I so hope Maya memorizes and has the opportunity to use this line next time someone makes some obnoxious Hunger Games reference (or other stupid comment) in her presence.

You know, "My daddy always says..."

Smile

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived there (S.D.) for a year back in '87; it wasn't so weird then. Oh ya, the "organic" recurve types...

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CA is the only state where each citizen is actually better than the other. I left for a reason, lo those many years ago.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post