SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A $400 price increase from the last run!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A $400 price increase from the last run!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Well crap! Slee’s slider were already on the high end of things for $1,345 plus $250 for shipping. Whenever they have them in stock I did not have the extra coin.
Black Friday coming up and have a little scratch so thought I would take a peek and see if they were back in stock and having a sale.
They are in stock but now $1,765!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, these are the best looking and usable sliders that are also steps.
But I can’t be spending that much coin.
https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1241/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Still, those would look sweet on the van.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait till you see your grocery bill next year. I know it is high now, but production costs are way higher now than they were last year. All of my input costs are significantly higher this year. Fuel, materials, fertilizer, labor, everything is costing me 5-15% more than last year.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a just an appetizer for what is coming in 2022. Hyperinflation like we have not seen in several generations. This will continue until either the current administration is replaced or the middle class collapses entirely.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Price of steel went up--reportedly 300%

Mobtown Offroad in Maryland went out of business due to price increase.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
5-6% inflation my ass, I'm paying 30-50% more for everything related to truck and van up fitting

Check Westin

https://www.westinautomotive.c...s/2018/toyota/tundra

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a set from RCI. They had a couple in stock for our 21 4Runner. Total price, shipping include- 840.00. That includes powder coating. No top tread on them however.

Currently have Black Friday sale going on.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am very clear on the reason for the increase I cost.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
5-6% inflation my ass, I'm paying 30-50% more for everything related to truck and van up fitting

Check Westin

https://www.westinautomotive.c...s/2018/toyota/tundra

Westin only makes steps.
I am wanting a slider step that is actually designed to take rock hits.

quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Just ordered a set from RCI. They had a couple in stock for our 21 4Runner. Total price, shipping include- 840.00. That includes powder coating. No top tread on them however.

Currently have Black Friday sale going on.

RCI will likely be my choice now. I am already fully outfitted underneath with their skid plates.
I am just not a fan of the typical tube style bump out at the bed style slider.
The Slee is a really good looking slider and a true step as well.
I need the top plates for sure. Though RCI has there dimples up on the tread plate which I prefer dimples down.
I may inquire about them doing dimples down.

Demello makes a good looking square tubed slider at a reasonable price.
However Beancooker had some issues with his sliders from them and I am not sure I would want to go with those.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, those Westins won't stand up to that

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got RCI’s on my rig. They are fantastic as sliders. Not too good as steps.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
RCI sliders. Super easy to install and usable as a step with the 5 degree slant.

sliders 1 by Jorge Jimenez, on Flickr

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've had my eye on a new 14 inch bandsaw, and they have recently gone up about 500 bucks across the board.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post