SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Caveat Emptor
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Caveat Emptor Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Forgive me if I overlooked or missed this.
But did you have a discussion after you recieved the pistol and looked at it?
Did you not inspect it at you FFL before transfer?

If you did none of these, or did but dud not email Para to look into it before posting here, that's simply bad form.

Hope it gets sorted out without leaving an undeserved black mark.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Forgive me if I overlooked or missed this.
But did you have a discussion after you recieved the pistol and looked at it?
Did you not inspect it at you FFL before transfer?

If you did none of these, or did but dud not email Para to look into it before posting here, that's simply bad form.

Hope it gets sorted out without leaving an undeserved black mark.

I did not have a discussion after I received the pistol. I picked up the pistol last Wednesday on my way into work(I work 2nd shift) and I did look at it. I however did not strip it or take the slide off.
It wasn't until Friday night that I really looked at it and gave it a good cleaning.
It's mine now and I'm wiser about how I'll deal with future transactions.
The adage stuck in my head right now is, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/handg...-unit-prod16498.aspx

This is the part that was replaced. It's not a "trigger job" as was told to me. It actually seems worse than a stock spring and was designed for INS as I have read.
I have some springs on order from Wollf and will replace this. I did a better "trigger job" myself on my Brigadier with some sandpaper.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by NateSC:
is this the ad and offender?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760099424#7760099424

That's it. Q is correct also, you're only hearing my side.
I did ask about round count and condition. Round count I did not get an answer about. Some people don't know and since it wasn't originally his, he might not have known.
Condition was answered with pictures. Pictures were decent but failed to show the flaking of the barrel. I'm pretty sure this was not a job done by CCR.
I was told it had the G conversion and it does. Works fine.
Last night was an early night for me on 2nd shift so I came home and finally got around to cleaning it. I've only had the pistol like 3 days.
I was told it had trigger work done to it.
I stripped it down and came across something I've never seen before in a trigger set up. I am in the process of taking a few pictures and then going to ask a person who I think is more schooled on these pistols than me what he thinks.

Send it back and I will return your money and shipping costs. Next time contact the seller rather than the forum.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NateSC:
is this the ad and offender?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760099424#7760099424

That's it. Q is correct also, you're only hearing my side.
I did ask about round count and condition. Round count I did not get an answer about. Some people don't know and since it wasn't originally his, he might not have known.
Condition was answered with pictures. Pictures were decent but failed to show the flaking of the barrel. I'm pretty sure this was not a job done by CCR.
I was told it had the G conversion and it does. Works fine.
Last night was an early night for me on 2nd shift so I came home and finally got around to cleaning it. I've only had the pistol like 3 days.
I was told it had trigger work done to it.
I stripped it down and came across something I've never seen before in a trigger set up. I am in the process of taking a few pictures and then going to ask a person who I think is more schooled on these pistols than me what he thinks.

Send it back and I will return your money and shipping costs. Next time contact the seller rather than the forum.

I have springs on order from Wollf and I have contacted CCR about getting it refinished. I'll keep it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's mine now and I'm wiser about how I'll deal with future transactions.
The adage stuck in my head right now is, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I think what Monkey was referring to, (and if he wasn't, I am) is that you called out a Forum member for a bad transaction and never gave him a chance to try and "make right" whatever wrong you felt was done to you.

You had to know that once you said that it was a forum member, it would take about 60 seconds for someone to track down the transaction and post in the thread; now that member has been identified and he may not even know this thread exists.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Whether OP wanted just to vent or not, you can't expect this thing to just go quietly into the night. Once you started "venting" but left out the particulars, folks naturally will go digging.

Would be interesting to hear the other side of the story. It's only fair.

I sent pictures.
I would have sent more if requested.
I did not say it had a "trigger job".
I said I had changed the trigger spring, as shown in the Brownells post.
I have received NO communications from the buyer prior to his "rant".
I am somewhat nervous about selling anything more on this forum.

The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Did you ship it dirty or was it cleaned? That's one thing that seems to cause complaints.

I clean everything anyway just as part of inspecting the weapon when I get it so it's no biggie to me unless it's filthy to the point of neglect. Even then, as long as it cleans up to what I expect condition I'm only out some patches and a bit of time.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Did you ship it dirty or was it cleaned? That's one thing that seems to cause complaints.

I clean everything anyway just as part of inspecting the weapon when I get it so it's no biggie to me unless it's filthy to the point of neglect. Even then, as long as it cleans up to what I expect condition I'm only out some patches and a bit of time.

I oiled it and wiped it down and ran a patch through the bore. I did not disassemble it and "Detail" it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

I get where you are going, but does it even matter at this point? Yes, I do it as a courtesy, but is it an expectation? No.

George does not need me to fight his battles, but I am because he got a raw deal being publically outted for something he was not even aware was an issue.

It's a different conversation if the OP had tried communication with George and got blown off or a snarky reply. That didn't happen though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Now, we have the other side of the story.
And, I couldn't agree more with this, Always work it out with the seller first, giving them a chance to straighten out whatever it is that is your concern. Then, if you still have issues, take it up a notch.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ummm.... Common sense^^^^

OP not sure why you didn't take these steps first.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My fault. George, I apologize.
Shouldn't have outed on here. I was disappointed at the condition of the barrel. Should I have asked for more pictures? Probably. But I also won't take full responsibility as it should have said been stated that barrel was flaking at the end and general finish was not great.
IIRC, it was said that the trigger was worked on. I don't recall that it said spring replacement.
I paid what I paid and I'll work on the pistol myself excluding refinishing.
Again, my apologies.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
My fault. George, I apologize.
Shouldn't have outed on here. I was disappointed at the condition of the barrel. Should I have asked for more pictures? Probably. But I also won't take full responsibility as it should have said been stated that barrel was flaking at the end and general finish was not great.
IIRC, it was said that the trigger was worked on. I don't recall that it said spring replacement.
I paid what I paid and I'll work on the pistol myself excluding refinishing.
Again, my apologies.

Thank you.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
quote:
Originally posted by P210:

I oiled it and wiped it down and ran a patch through the bore. I did not disassemble it and "Detail" it.

That would be acceptable to me since it's enough to see what needs to be seen before I do what I'd do anyway, as long as there are no bad surprises.

Caked in crud is a different matter, and even then there have been occasions where what was underneath turned out to be a lot nicer than expected.

Everybody has different expectations and there's bound to be cases where one side of the curve encounters the other.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Wow. This thread should never have happened.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed Gary, but it's real nice to see a civil, grown up ending to it. It's not like the internet at all to see it go this way:-)

Looks like we're all done here.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Wow. This thread should never have happened.

Correct.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post