SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dont buy any desktop heaters or A/C units from Blast or Blaux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dont buy any desktop heaters or A/C units from Blast or Blaux Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
This company sucks, and has terrible customer service. They want you to pay return shipping if there is an issue, and they are incapable of sending me a simple reciept via email.

Infuriating to deal with

They sell these little heaters and A/C units you can put on a desk, find one from someone else if you want to buy something like this for an office or whatever

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
They want you to pay return shipping if there is an issue,

Thats not cool...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I was just looking at Youtube videos last night about the Blast and Blaux. They caution people who live in humid environments as they claim they will not work efficiently at all.

I was surprised to see in the videos after filling the water tank and starting the units, he measured the air flow at 53º ??? The thing I originally thought was a plus is that after storm/hurricane power interruptions that would be a good option to cool off in one room...that is if in fact they actually worked. Especially being rechargeable and portable. I deep sixed my generator several years after Andrew in 92'. I just got tired dragging it out yearly for oil changes and start up.

I'm glad I saw the videos anyway. Many downsides, especially here in high humid environments. If they actually did work even here in high humidity, and lived up to all the claims they would be a great addition to have, especially during power outages.

You can skip from 2:25 to 4:12 in the video as he just lets it run after he leaves the room. Additionally as his room humidity was in the 50's I wonder what the outside ambient temp was? Here it's like mid 80's even at midnight outside. Daytime temps are creeping into the high 80's to 90º.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post
There is no fucking way that a mini swamp cooler works like that video. It is blowing hot air through a wet filter, and indirectly cooling through evaporation. AC units will not even come close to 53. The air might feel cooler (if it's not humid outside), but it will not cool the room or you.

Scam. Such a scam that they SEO themselves to the top of the google listing for "mini ac scam" and "mini desktop ac scam."

Just put a bowl of water in front of your fan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
This is from my phone app. At almost 9pm it's at 73% humidity and were not into our real humid months as July and August yet. When you open the doors it's like a heater outside. There's no way in hell that little thing is going to work in this South Florida environment. I wish it were true though, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by punch out:
There is no fucking way that a mini swamp cooler works like that video. It is blowing hot air through a wet filter, and indirectly cooling through evaporation. AC units will not even come close to 53. The air might feel cooler (if it's not humid outside), but it will not cool the room or you.

Scam. Such a scam that they SEO themselves to the top of the google listing for "mini ac scam" and "mini desktop ac scam."

Just put a bowl of water in front of your fan.

Everything is spot on, except the bold text.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post