SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ralph Northam's Battle of Richmond
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Northam's Battle of Richmond Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
"The new time capsule will contain items reflective of current times, including an expired vial of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, a Black Lives Matter sticker and a photograph of a Black ballerina with her fist raised near the Lee statue after racial justice protests erupted following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last year."

They are all so trite.

Someone in a comment section has this correct.

"Virginia- Oregon of the East."

You'll see accelerated doings like this in the coming months, as they ramp up their eradication efforts before the November elections.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for them to rename "Broad Street" to "Menstruating Person Boulevard. (Ya might as well laugh at this shit.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
why would the simple bastards put a new time capsule in or near a pedestal they want to remove?

one plan is to make each area that previously held a statue into a simple green space,

I would imagine the one that was on the boulevard will be taken down and the road straighened out a bit, since it would get hit about once a month

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can put a William T. Sherman statue on the pedestal.

Oh wait - he actually (like many other Union Officers) owned slaves until "after" the Civil War was over.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Since they're trying to "undo" things, will the wokesters take some time and clean up the graffiti too?

(Image not showing -- here's the link)

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Since they're trying to "undo" things, will the wokesters take some time and clean up the graffiti too?

The revisionists are very selective their choices. Just statues. I say if you are going to change history, turn all the Civil War battlefield psrksinto homeless camps.
Of course, I'm kidding, just mentioning the stupidity of liberals mindsets.

The picture of Lee on Traveler is beautiful, screw the graffiti.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If they were being honest they would put a Chinese flag a dildo, a clown costume and a crack pipe in a time capsule that reflects current times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

one of my customers retired a few years ago,
he worked for the guy that owned the Tobacco Co as a do all kinda Mr Fixit, and ended up working for a great many of the local eateries in town,

he got a call when the stupid started getting strong last year to board up a bunch of businesses in the area,

so he loaded his truck with plywood, screws etc, and spray paint,

he said tagged building were not getting broken into,

so each business he boarded up, they took a few minutes and applied graffiti,

none of the places got broken into

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

one of my customers retired a few years ago,
he worked for the guy that owned the Tobacco Co as a do all kinda Mr Fixit, and ended up working for a great many of the local eateries in town,

he got a call when the stupid started getting strong last year to board up a bunch of businesses in the area,

so he loaded his truck with plywood, screws etc, and spray paint,

he said tagged building were not getting broken into,

so each business he boarded up, they took a few minutes and applied graffiti,

none of the places got broken into

Code

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
Hmm.. I wonder how long they have had these in storage just waiting to unveil.

Right after the Robert E. Lee statue was removed.

What I find ironic is the statement that Mayor Stoney made:
"We will rebuild this city with our hearts."

Really, I was just there a couple of weeks ago and it looks worse now, with higher crime rates than it did when I relocated in Sept 2017. I guess he should walk a foot beat now and then especially around all the housing projects that rings downtown.

If it would not be for VCU/MCV buying up and transforming all the properties in and adjacent to downtown, it would look like pictures of Somalia. (I say pictures because I have never been there personally)

Two weeks after Richmond, Virginia, removed a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that had prompted protests over racial injustice, the city unveiled a new monument on Wednesday commemorating the end of slavery.

The Emancipation and Freedom Monument, designed by Oregon sculptor Thomas Jay Warren, comprises two 12-foot bronze statues depicting a man and a woman carrying an infant, newly freed from slavery.

"The enslaved built this city with their hands," Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney said at a ceremony to mark the occasion. "We will rebuild this city with our hearts."

The new monument is located less than two miles from the site where the towering 61-foot Lee statue had stood for more than a century.

Statues honoring the leaders of the Confederacy, the pro-slavery group of Southern states that seceded from the United States and fought in the 1861-65 Civil War, have become targets of anti-racism protests. Richmond was the Confederate capital during the war.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
our great thug mayor unveiled a new statue down at Brown's Island depicting a couple being freed,

made the usual crap of a speech about atonement, etc blah blah blah,

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift….

I lived in Richmond (The Fan) for a few years, I still have family in the area, but it’s been at least 10yrs, since I’ve been on Monument Ave. Closest I have been was to Hollywood Cemetery, are there any issues involving that?

What does Monument Ave look like now? Are all the statues gone?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
Slight thread drift….

I lived in Richmond (The Fan) for a few years, I still have family in the area, but it’s been at least 10yrs, since I’ve been on Monument Ave. Closest I have been was to Hollywood Cemetery, are there any issues involving that?

What does Monument Ave look like now? Are all the statues gone?

gone,

pedestals there, but they are mostly vandalized,

no one will mess with Hollywood, despite the CW pyramid near the old entrance, and Jeff Davis et al buried in the back,

for the most part, those that protested the monuments leave the cemeteries alone,