SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ralph Northam's Battle of Richmond
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Northam's Battle of Richmond Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
The statue of Robert E. Lee is set to be removed tomorrow. The vile Virginia Governor just had to see that this was done during his term.

Virginia has slid off the edge.

https://richmond.com/news/loca...9b-155c9dcaf990.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
You can’t re-write history to make things nice, your an assclown Northam.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Northam is still trying to undo his blackface/KKK/Coonman debacle. He can fuck straight off, not pass Go and not collect $200.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Northam is still trying to undo his blackface/KKK/Coonman debacle. He can fuck straight off, not pass Go and not collect $200.

don't think so, I think the local NAACP etc etc has him bent over his desk at every chance they get and he likes it,

meanwhile, between Northam and Stoney, they are doing every thing they can to make RVA look and be like Baltimore

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Ah, I was trying to remember if Northam was the blackface or the rapist in Virginia's state government.

I never thought that any state south of the Mason-Dixon would get to this state of affairs.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Ironic in that Lee was not in favor of secession and only agreed to lead the Army of Northern Virginia at the insistence of the then governor of Virginia.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Watch Northam will replace it with a statue of George Floyd.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
Ironic in that Lee was not in favor of secession and only agreed to lead the Army of Northern Virginia at the insistence of the then governor of Virginia.

But Ralph doesn't bother to consider actual facts, so.... Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Imagine being so stupid as to think a statue is somehow victimizing you, or that tearing it down is going to make anything any better. No way. Erasing the past for comfort and not learning from history and its hard lessons only makes the likelihood of such painful lessons more likely to occur again. Maybe these idiots want us to fight amongst ourselves so we never focus our attention on how much they have failed all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
He's a real piece of work. A real gutpile of shit.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Imagine being so stupid as to think a statue is somehow victimizing you

To quote one of my pals at work: "Show me on your body where the statue hurt you." Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been staying off the computer and have refrained from watching the news for the last six months or so due to it giving me heartburn acid reflux.

I wanted to log in and respond to this utterly disgusting act then I am going to fade back into the background...

I have stated this a few times in the past.. but I relocated from Cols, OH to Richmond so I could get my start in LE. I spent 16 1/2 pretty good years there but then relocated to NC for the other half's job with Uncle Sam. I didn't realize how much I missed or how good I had it in VA until I lived in various NC cities for the last four years.

I always thought I would find myself back in the Greater Central VA area but due to what has transpired the last couple of years I don't think I will be going back. (I live about an hour away from Danville, Martinsville, etc so I can visit.

My question is... who or what are these POS going to blame now for laziness, or their lack of anything.. You can bet they will find someone/something else to blame for their so called troubles... There is no way in hell any of these people will lift a finger to do anything when Uncle Northam will provide it to them free.

Most people in Charlottesville, Univ of VA, VCU, Richmond etc.. have relocated there and now state it is this horrible place.. Well, if it so horrible then leave... Oh that's right.. You may actually have to lift a finger to do that.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I have been staying off the computer and have refrained from watching the news for the last six months or so due to it giving me heartburn acid reflux.

I wanted to log in and respond to this utterly disgusting act then I am going to fade back into the background...

I have stated this a few times in the past.. but I relocated from Cols, OH to Richmond so I could get my start in LE. I spent 16 1/2 pretty good years there but then relocated to NC for the other half's job with Uncle Sam. I didn't realize how much I missed or how good I had it in VA until I lived in various NC cities for the last four years.

I always thought I would find myself back in the Greater Central VA area but due to what has transpired the last couple of years I don't think I will be going back. (I live about an hour away from Danville, Martinsville, etc so I can visit.

My question is... who or what are these POS going to blame now for laziness, or their lack of anything.. You can bet they will find someone/something else to blame for their so called troubles... There is no way in hell any of these people will lift a finger to do anything when Uncle Northam will provide it to them free.

Most people in Charlottesville, Univ of VA, VCU, Richmond etc.. have relocated there and now state it is this horrible place.. Well, if it so horrible then leave... Oh that's right.. You may actually have to lift a finger to do that.

it will always be horrible when you have the Victim mindset,

what chaps my ass the most, (I was born in Stuart Circle Hospital (now condos), is that during the past 30 yrs or more, there has been talk talk talk about how to 'match' the historical stuff with slave history, etc, and yet nothing has been done,

so instead of adding to the history of the CW, Slave trade, Rev war, etc etc that Central VA and RVA is overflowing with, and finding a was to capitalize on the tourist trade, the powers that be, who now are all D, and all in a position to enact the making of some museum or historical attractions that may generate more Tourist $$$ are too busy tearing shit down and have yet to 'add' anything of historical significance

other than the piss poor Lumpkin Jail crap they put up years ago,

but as I have mentioned, Thug Stoney wants us to be like Baltimore or some other shithole city,, cause that is what keeps them in power

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

it will always be horrible when you have the Victim mindset,

what chaps my ass the most, (I was born in Stuart Circle Hospital (now condos), is that during the past 30 yrs or more, there has been talk talk talk about how to 'match' the historical stuff with slave history, etc, and yet nothing has been done,

so instead of adding to the history of the CW, Slave trade, Rev war, etc etc that Central VA and RVA is overflowing with, and finding a was to capitalize on the tourist trade, the powers that be, who now are all D, and all in a position to enact the making of some museum or historical attractions that may generate more Tourist $$$ are too busy tearing shit down and have yet to 'add' anything of historical significance

other than the piss poor Lumpkin Jail crap they put up years ago,

but as I have mentioned, Thug Stoney wants us to be like Baltimore or some other shithole city,, cause that is what keeps them in power

Very good post. Many years ago. A friend who went to downtown Richmond,took me to Monument Ave. to view the statues. About 2010 I think.
We had gone to the Confederate Museum that day. I am glad now I got to see Monument Ave. before all the graffiti, etc.

As you stated, what is the revisionists next objective?

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
The most disturbing part of all this is the "something for nothing" crowd is going to keep this party in power for the foreseeable future. We're outnumbered and outvoted here.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tar. Feathers. Olde Schoole, but ....

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
[I wish this forum had a "Like" button]

Agree whole heartedly with much of the above

2007 I was kind of hurt that then Governor Tim Kane did not have the decency to see us Virginia Guardsmen off when we were getting on a plane bound for the ME... <2 months from now were doing it again, I don't care one bit if Gov. Northam is there or not. Honestly I'd rather hear a pep talk from the local VFW Post Commander than our current Gov.

^ 116th IBCT "Stonewall" (Though were not really supposed to say that out loud any more)

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've read conflicting stories.

Did those SCUMBAGS have the statue cut up?

Or was it shipped some where in its entirely?

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
From all accounts that I have read, the statute was cut up.

According to the Company that was removing and transporting the statute it would not fit under the over passes... Yeah right.

If anyone on this forum didn't know, the Company that won the contract to conduct the original assessments and then later remove the monuments, is a friend of Mayor hoodrat.

Which is shouldn't surprise anyone. Hoodrats taking care of hoodrats.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I see that Northram's people are still about as useless as a broken ram rod or wet asswipe.

They cannot find a simple time capsule but on the flip side Northram has made sure that the most useless and freeloading people of the state will be remembered in the future.

Of all the things the people of VA has contributed, researched, invented, fought for since the last time capsule was put in place and this is what he decides should represent the people of VA for future generations.

What a POS

State officials were scheduled to remove the 134-year-old time capsule Thursday morning from a cornerstone where they believed it was located. But after removing a 2,500-pound (1,134-kilogram) capstone and a 500-pound (227-kilogram) lid, crews were unable to pinpoint the precise location of the capsule.

Workers have been using ground-penetrating radar devices to try to find the capsule in a third piece of the cornerstone. Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s chief of staff, Clark Mercer, said crews would keep looking for it in the cornerstone and adjoining stones. They have also decided to dig into the lid of the cornerstone to insert a new time capsule and state officials ceremonially placed it Thursday.

The new time capsule will contain items reflective of current times, including an expired vial of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, a Black Lives Matter sticker and a photograph of a Black ballerina with her fist raised near the Lee statue after racial justice protests erupted following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last year.