SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Finally gave SiriusXM the boot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally gave SiriusXM the boot Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
The website didn’t work right, couldn’t get through on the phone last month before the automatic renewal and they STILL insist I have a second vehicle on the account (one I’ve never even sat in, much less owned). Kept jerking me around so I told them if the next words I heard weren’t “ok the account is canceled” that I’d dispute the charge with the credit card and let them eat the refund and the charge back fee.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You just signed up for a blizzard of emails over the next few decades telling you of the free weeks and crazy discounts. Wink

I never signed up for the service, and never turned it on, despite having bought several cars that came with the capability. Turns out letting the free initial period expire signs one up for that never-ending email blizzard, too.... Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I keep getting emails to sign up service to cars I don't own. I call them..they go away for awhile then they start appearing again.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Is there no link to unsubscribe to these emails at the bottom of the email? I've found that, for real companies, these links usually work.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I still get junk mail from these assholes and I haven't used SiriusXM in over a decade now...

IMO they are irrelevant now in an age of streaming everything right from your smartphone and their tinny, compressed sound SUCKS.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep getting emails to sign up service to cars I don't own

I'm the other side of equation. I still have service in a car I cancelled in 2016 along with two others at same time. Of course that cancellation included the requisite 15 minute phone call. I even gave them the courtesy of calling back 6 months later, briefly explaining situation and offering to let them know they had not turned off. The moment they asked if I would be interested in reactivating the other systems I hung up. And still listen to it out of sheer spite on behalf of me and every other customer they are a PITA with.

quote:
Is there no link to unsubscribe to these emails at the bottom of the email?

Razz Razz Roll Eyes Smile Wink
That's so cute. Stay clean, don't ever sign up even for so much as a free trial.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I personally like SiriusXM and play it exclusively in my Bronco.

Set the sound settings right and it sounds great.

And I have no problems at all dealing with them.

Go figure.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Canceled them today...I'm done.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
An advantage to being deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. I haven't listened to the radio (or tapes or cds) in the car/truck for years.

My last two (maybe three, can't recall) new vehicles have come with "free" Sirius XM and I've never even turned it on.

And yes, I got the email blizzard when the free trial expired. Just added Sirius XM to my "it's junk, shitcan it" list, right after the extended warranty folks.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be a great service till XM and Sirius merged. No real competition makes you lazy. Audio quality is not what it once was (I've had it in one way or another since 2002/03, mostly as trials in new cars lately), music mostly sucks. I don't even do the streaming stuff these days. I have a comprehensive library on my phone and that's all I need.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Is there no link to unsubscribe to these emails at the bottom of the email? I've found that, for real companies, these links usually work.

Sorry - certainly not my intent to be condescending as you replied. The intended message was that the only people who would think stopping or reducing services with them would be in any way a reasonable or easy process are the people who have been blessed never to have dealt with them. I hope that you are wise enough after seeing the stories here and across the internet to keep yourself in a position not to have to experience.

They are the absolute worst in terms of hold times to talk to someone, then refusing to fast forward to just cancelling, a shocking number of "disconnects" that require you to start over, etc. Signing up is easy, the services aren't awful for those that enjoy them.

But cancelling is a journey into irrational and unreasonable hell that no company who has ANY hope of a repeat customer would insist on continuing.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I liked Sirius for a few years, but with ready connectivity of a car to a phone and the ability to play stored and streaming files in the car, Sirius became yesterday's tech for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with jhe888 - with the advent of Apple play and other device streaming capabilities Sirius/XM is approaching extinction.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I liked Sirius for a few years, but with ready connectivity of a car to a phone and the ability to play stored and streaming files in the car, Sirius became yesterday's tech for me.

Convenience and a discount that made it the same price as streaming apps was all that kept me around.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I use SiriusXM in two vehicles, sometimes a third. They are always quite helpful in bringing me services for very little money each year. As an example, I recently paid $72 for 15 months of service. I like their channels, and most useful to me is the safety of choosing the channel using a big radio in my truck. No looking down at the iPhone to see what I am doing. I have my favorites saved and they show up. Sound quality in a 3/4 ton behemoth is more than adequate.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I use SiriusXM in two vehicles, sometimes a third. They are always quite helpful in bringing me services for very little money each year. As an example, I recently paid $72 for 15 months of service. I like their channels, and most useful to me is the safety of choosing the channel using a big radio in my truck. No looking down at the iPhone to see what I am doing. I have my favorites saved and they show up. Sound quality in a 3/4 ton behemoth is more than adequate.

Mostly the same. I'm on some plan with one vehicle (no apple car play) with streaming (have apple carplay in the truck so this works 100%). I don't need the service but I do not tolerate commercial content in my life and pay to no hear or see commercials. The annual call to them, once I tell them I'm willing to disco permanently (mean it) they offer some great price and I'll keep it. This recently happened to me with Dish satellite. They were amenable for years. The minute they decide to end that policy bye-bye. Same for XM. If they try to stiff arm me on renewal I'm gone. But as long as they continue to deal I'm game.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I had them back in 2004 when I got my Chevy Avalanche. It was ok. My subscription was due to end and I was thinking of renewing. Then I get my credit card statement and they had charged me top rate for 2 years that I did not authorize! I called and disputed the charge and called them to tell them I was not happy and cancel my service. Well not long after I start getting letters in the mail with big red PAST DUE stamped on the outside! That was it and I never used them again, I must be on a blacklist because I never get mail from them anymore.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much a must in the Yoop. The local radio stations suck and I dont want to connect my phone to just run around in town. I do the annual "I will cancel if it isnt cheap" thing with them to get the best price.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another guy that likes Sirius. I listen to all kinds of music (mostly oldies) the sound quality is fine with me. I have never had a problem when calling them and each year I negotiate a very reasonable rate.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I like a few stations. I use the app and CarPlay in the car to avoid drops of signal. I understand that every year I have to use the chat feature and tell them I’m cancelling unless I get the $6/month deal. It worked great last time. I just said up front unless I get $6 per month cancel and they did it without a fight. That covers my car and all my other devices.

I mostly listen to Ozzy’s Boneyard and Patriot radio.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post