SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SIG SAUER (the company) apparently hates SIGforum.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER (the company) apparently hates SIGforum. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Posted a review of their new US X-FIVE on their page a week ago. It posted, but when I came back to check later, it was nowhere to be found. Posted it again over the weekend. Same damn thing happened. I didn't even give it a bad review (gave 4 stars), but I did mention I posted a detailed evaluation on SIGforum. So, that apparently triggered the nuke. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted a review of their new US X-FIVE on their page a week ago.

I'm guessing an unfavorable one?

Posts: 27947 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Do they allow references to other forums? Could just be a blanket "no links to outside websites" policy.

I ask because I'm pretty sure we've had SIG reps here on the forum before, and maybe even some as active members?

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The last few times one of their employees wandered on here, it wasn’t pretty. They got the unvarnished, non-brown nosing truth from a number of members and they tucked tail and ran. I’m sure there’s some really good people working at Sig Exeter, but sweet mercy, the ones that keep getting represented here are sensitive to feedback that isn’t ball gargling.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe post a simple review...

...as in, it doesn't compare to a CZ Shadow. Big Grin

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The last few times one of their employees wandered on here, it wasn’t pretty. They got the unvarnished, non-brown nosing truth from a number of members and they tucked tail and ran. I’m sure there’s some really good people working at Sig Exeter, but sweet mercy, the ones that keep getting represented here are sensitive to feedback that isn’t ball gargling.

huh...

also lol

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
One of them was actually the big guy Phil Strader. I remember him show up all excited announcing their new and improved "P225". It was not pretty. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many company websites as well as blogs and forums have restrictions or prohibitions to links for other sites. During my years operating a website for my business I did not accept any such posts.

The website is hosted by a server, and likely subject to the restrictions of the service contract. Since the publisher is responsible for content (including links) and may be held liable for content that might be found to be libelous or defamatory in some way, this is understandable.

A website or forum may invite the public into the discussion, but we must keep in mind that we are utilizing someone else's private property and are subject to the policies of the owner.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post