SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Come on FedEx!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come on FedEx! Login/Join 
posted
Is any shipping company worth a fuck anymore? I swear to God, the pony fucking express could’ve made the delivery by now. Hell, I could’ve driven from the west coast to fucking North Carolina and back by now and my fuel bill would’ve been the same as the fucking shipping charge you cocksuckers charged me. 12 fucking days?? No fucking updates on my package in 10 days? The fucking bad weather is long gone you worthless fucking cocksuckers! No one answers an email. No one answers a phone. At least give an update on shipping and stop the “weather is causing delays” bullshit. USPS is fucked and FedEx is fucked, too.

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
FedEx or FedEx Ground? They are not the same thing. Not even close. FedEx is still pretty good. FedEx Ground has never been very good and has recently become absolutely terrible.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The snow may be gone and power back on, but shipping hubs (both private carrier and USPS) in the weather-affected areas are apparently still seriously behind.

I'm still waiting on something that was mailed from the Houston area almost 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 32530 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re not the pilot or driver moving it yourself, don’t hold your breath...

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 669 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My last UPS overnight/air package took 4 days, and it was only coming from 150 miles away. My FEDEX packages have arrived on time so far, but the local driver is a lazy bastard who drops/tosses them at the beginning of our sidewalk instead of walking the extra few feet to the covered doorway/porch. I've made complaints when packages have been sitting damn near in our front yard in the rain. They've supposedly talked to the local dispatcher, but nothing has changed. I try to avoid FEDEX now because of it, but sometimes it's not possible. If it happens again, I'll drive to the regional FEDEX hub and show them some security camera footage. USPS as a whole is definitely screwed up. I can't count how many incoming packages are delayed due to misrouting. I have one overdue right now that will probably never show up. Our local USPS mail carriers are fine though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I had a UPS package shipped from Austin, TX, yesterday. So far it's scheduled for delivery Saturday. Crossing my fingers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a package from Fedex listed as 'delivery pending' for about two weeks now. Not even any updates.

Yesterday, I had a package from UPS that was listed as 'out for delivery by 9:00 p.m.'. As time passed, as it always does, no delivery. Then about 8:30 p.m. I get an update that the delivery couldn't be made due to weather conditions. Since it was 80 degrees and clear sky all day yesterday, the only weather condition I could think of was darkness after the sun went down. I wish they could just be honest and tell me they couldn't deliver because they are overwhelmed by the backlog caused by last week's ice storm shutdown. I could respect that a lot more than weather delay when there is no weather.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything FedEx goes from everywhere, to Memphis, then to the destination via distribution points. An area in clear weather may experience weather delays for that reason. Weather affects the departure to the outstation to the hub to the outstation. If you're sitting in Pomona, California, and the item is coming from somewhere in Pennsylvania, it's still got to get to Philadelphia, be sorted, fly to Memphis, be sorted, fly to Ontario, be sorted, and get on a truck to get to you. When it's scheduled, it's based on the normal travel time in the system; weather delays at any of the points can cause a delay. Large scale weather events cascade. Add to that an aircraft malfunction, and the problem is compounded.

Both FedEx and UPS are doing hybrid programs in which the item is delivered to the USPS, further delaying the item, but offering a less expensive transit.

In the past few months, I've had issues with FedEx, UPS, and USPS. I sent a package USPS to a friend in training. The transit time was advertised the same as FedEx, given the location, but 1/6 the cost, so it was reasonable. It arrived after the training finished, and one of the packages has disappeared. A FedEx overnight package to a neighboring state, my passport for a rapid visa, took a week to be delivered one-way, and then had to chase me around the country trying to catch up. When it eventually did show up, they sent it to my house, where I was not, and left my passport on the porch. Pissed didn't begin to describe my reaction.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a massive backlog of packages and freight for all carriers. Because the weather was not localized and affected 73% of the nation things will not be back to normal until mid week next week in the shipping industry.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who would have ever thought that the most reliable National shipping entity would be Amazon?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have good luck with UPS and USPS.

FedEx has sucked every freaking time! I don't know what's happened to them in the last year, but they suck ass now!
And their 1800fedex number is a complete joke. If and when you get someone your lucky if you can understand them or they can understand you. Then they lie about what is happening, just to get you off the phone.

I no longer trust FedEx for shit.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m still pissed. I’ve got about $600 worth of product stuck somewhere in a truck in the Midwest and they can’t or won’t tell me where it’s at or even when it MIGHT arrive. Can’t imagine if I had something more important than it is stuck in limbo.

On a side note...after looking through your guys’ replies: Did you know RogueJSK and Ensigmatic registered on the exact same day in 2008? I don’t know why I found that interesting. Brothers in the forum I guess.

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in IA, just ordered from Midway in MO. They sent a "Your package has shipped note" and then this:

Good News! The package delivery network is slowly getting back up to speed! Following is an update by shipping zones inside the continental United States. WEST ZONE: CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, AZ, NM and CO should have minimal if any delivery delays. EAST ZONE: ME, NH, VT, NY, PA, CN, MA, RI, NJ, DE, MD, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL CENTRAL ZONE: ND, SD, NE, KA, MO, IA, MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH, may experience a couple extra delivery days. SOUTH ZONE: TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, TN, KY, AL may experience several days additional delays due to power outages and the backlogs which resulted from not being operational. Thank you for your patience as our shipping partners work through these challenges. Please allow a few extra days before contacting us if your package does not arrive on the expected delivery date.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
My latest FedEx package apparently made it to its local hub, and is sitting. It’s fine with me, I would rather it have a safe voyage, and not end up in a 100 car pileup, or go off the side of a mountain.

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My ps5 hit the fedex hub today. Signature required. It would not let me put a hold on it for pickup. I got off work at 6:30. They open at 8:30. I was just at fedex at 4am for an alarm.
I had to wait till 1pm for it to be delivered. And the guy didn’t even make me sign. Just asked my name.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChasinTails:
On a side note...after looking through your guys’ replies: Did you know RogueJSK and Ensigmatic registered on the exact same day in 2008? I don’t know why I found that interesting. Brothers in the forum I guess.

We should totally get friendship bracelets or something.

Maybe those little matching locket things with the two halves of a heart?

Lemme know, ensigmatic.

Posts: 32530 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been trying for two days to get assistance from FedEx. Trying to send a care package of ammunition to my brother-in-law.

The local store that shipped a firearm without even raised eyebrows said FedEx doesn't ship ammunition. Well,yes they do. So the clerk gave a phone number to call. Was the number for international shipments. Found the correct number but "All are assisting other customers."

Finally got a person whose first language was not English. Sent me down a circular rabbit hole on the FedEx.com website.

Second day of effort. Actually spoke with a helpful individual. So I must create a FedEx account, give them my credit card number, and schedule a pickup. Haven't done that yet. Will be interesting when they find out I live 10 miles out of town.

I'm going to attempt to talk to UPS to see if they are any better.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
10 days later and sign of life! Now why they would ship something from northwest Montana all the way to Tennessee, then up to the Seattle area is beyond me.

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inusuit:
I've been trying for two days to get assistance from FedEx. Trying to send a care package of ammunition to my brother-in-law.

The local store that shipped a firearm without even raised eyebrows said FedEx doesn't ship ammunition. Well,yes they do. So the clerk gave a phone number to call. Was the number for international shipments. Found the correct number but "All are assisting other customers."

Finally got a person whose first language was not English. Sent me down a circular rabbit hole on the FedEx.com website.

Second day of effort. Actually spoke with a helpful individual. So I must create a FedEx account, give them my credit card number, and schedule a pickup. Haven't done that yet. Will be interesting when they find out I live 10 miles out of town.

I'm going to attempt to talk to UPS to see if they are any better.

I have had much better success getting UPS to deliver on time the past week, my FedEx deliveries from 2/16 are still trickling in. Personal ammo shipments through UPS have been flawless.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 669 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have a bike helmet I ordered with 2-day shipping. Last Tuesday. It was shipped with FedEx the next day (Wed) with an arrival date of Thursday. Since then, it shows:
Delayed for reasons beyond our control
Arrived in Memphis
Arrived in LA
Arrived in Compton
Departed City of Industry

Still shows delivery date of Pending - 50/50 FedEx has no clue where it is. Too many stories like this on FedEx, they really have fallen far.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post