SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hey SIG! Why the cost difference?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey SIG! Why the cost difference? Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted
SIG, why does buying the parts individually cost more than a conversion kit? WTH? And for those of you who would jump in and say just buy the conversion kit, well the one I want is not offered in a state-compliant 10-round configuration, so I figured I'd just buy the parts and limited magazine. Oh, but NO!

A conversion kit for a 320c in .357 SIG is $430. whereas buying the parts individually is $560! Mad

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Why is buying in bulk cheaper than individual?

While that is huge difference, it is probably easier to have a kit boxed and ready to go than many small parts scattered over the warehouse, add in individual packaging, and then have to scurry all over the warehouse to fill an order.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
There's a fixed cost for managing a single SKU (Stock Keeping Unit - each part that can be ordered gets its own ID number) that's baked into the standard cost for SKUs.

Keeping track of a SKU, touching a SKU, or planning for it costs the same whether it's a $430 SKU or $40 SKU. So, ordering a $430 SKU has $1 for all that baked into it and ordering several $40 SKUs has the same $1 per SKU baked into the price for each.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Osage County Guns has one listed on their website for $359.99. What you should do is call them, tell them you live in a communist state that requires 10 round magazines and maybe they can swap the magazine out for you if you buy it. Couldn't hurt to give them a call and find out.

https://osagecountyguns.com/si...change-kit-14rd.html

After looking closer, it's a Carry configuration.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post