SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Auto repair pricing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto repair pricing Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The OEM bearing (Mopar #52109947AF) can be had for $179 including tax and shipping. With $450, you can buy two of them with the TTY caliper bracket bolts and still have enough money for Mobil 1 and Iridium plugs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I wound up doing it myself in less than 1.5 hours. There was no spindle/axle in the hub to worry about,(which was why I was wondering why the price was so high), so that made it easy.

Most shops here do not use OEM parts and go to the local auto supply stores to get the parts needed, even the bigger chains unfortunately. I have no problem with non-OEM parts as many people put them in their cars all of the time without issue. I understand some repair shops only use OEM parts but around here it is not many.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Feels good doing it yourself. Think of all the neat stuff you can buy with the money you saved. Like food, gas, electricity, the phone bill, etc...

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Feels good doing it yourself. Think of all the neat stuff you can buy with the money you saved. Like food, gas, electricity, the phone bill, etc...

OR the bearing for the other side, which is about to go!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 09 Ford Escape all wheel drive goes in for a right front (pressed in) wheel bearing and a front end alignment on Tuesday. Price quoted was $243.00, bearing is a Timken. At a locally owned tire shop. Just put Hankook AT Tires on it a week ago. I know the of the mechanic and trust his judgment.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Everybody comes to my place to use my garage and tools.
I have everything from a lift to auger presses.
There's not much one can't do at my place.

I REFUSE to pay someone to do something I can do myself.

I replaced both front bearings, U joints and axel seals on my '94 Ram 4X4.
I pressed in a new front bearing on my 2001 CRV with 400K on the clock.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post