SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Copper Wire Is Just Nutso
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copper Wire Is Just Nutso Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Expanding the electric grid in this country for a fully electric vehicle fleet will require most of the available copper on the planet.
Except for transformer windings , most of the grid is aluminum . Wink

Well that is a bit of good news. It also drops the claimed efficiency gains for going electric by a significant margin as it only has 61% of the conductivity of Copper. We are being such a huge bill of goods on this entire electric fleet thing I sincerely hope those pushing this crap get life sentences when this all blows up.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It’s building back better, or is it Putin’s fault, forgot which is the official narrative this week.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
Home Depot here has it locked up like the Jheri Curl at CVS.

You need a dude to unlock and remove the fence to even look at it.

Big Grin

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My local Lowes has all the 12/2 Romex chained together now on a pallet, there's no more just grabbing a roll and going to the checkout.

Just paid $446 for the 34 feet of 4/3 NMB that I needed. Jeez Louise this SUCKS. Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here, everyone just buys it off the homeless on various street corners. Don't know where they get it but the price is right.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm just kidding^^^. The homeless rip you off and pull that wire out of your home being built and get pennies on the dollars for it to buy drugs.

Little bit jaded as my car was just stolen a week back and although we got it back, the catalytic converter was cut off. It wasn't a total loss as we did receive 2 crack pipes or meth pipes (I can't tell th diff) in return. It's a common thing.

Grrrrrr

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
It’s building back better, or is it Putin’s fault, forgot which is the official narrative this week.

This weeks it's Putins fault....but just give it a moment.