SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sillywood idiots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sillywood idiots Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
Why should we care what Sillywood idiots have to say about anything?!?

They seem to believe that because they have a bunch of brain dead idiots who cling to every syllable that leaves their mouth, that their ideas really have some semblance of rational thought.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We call it "Whoreywood".

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did George Carlin say? "Think of how smart the average person is, then realize that half the people are dumber than that."

I really don't listen to what they have to say. Sure, some of those idiots are actually good actors. Hell, I like Matt Damon, Ben Afflek, even Baldwin. But in a "Dance, Monkey!" kinda way. Entertain me, then shut the fuck up, and back in your cage. (No offense to our resident Monkey, he's pretty cool!)

Because some dumb, mouth breather with a blank stare and drool thinks that DiCaprio is cute/handsome and is a good actor, that he is actually an expert on global anything... Naaaa. Not me. I'm smart enough to do my own research, formulate my own thoughts and opinions after that. I really don't need Charlize Theron telling me that "guns are bad". Ok, I understand the violence and the "daddy is an abusive drunk and mommy put a cap in his ass", but try not to be a hypocrite and make your $ off gun and violence related films.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Celebrity worship. Since the mid 1920's the Hollyweird press release corp keep it alive.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
B-b-b-but some of ‘em even graduated from high school. Hence they are experts with 1 semester of earth science.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
“But there seems to have been an actual decline in rational thinking. The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously — after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important … so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be both ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth. (Most of his fans were just as ignorant and unlettered; the disease was spreading.)”
― Robert A. Heinlein, To Sail Beyond the Sunset

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post