SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 479
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:
Originally posted by cjwagner:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin it's frightening when my cat has that look.. He makes a very funny and unsettling noise and runs towards the bathroom only to climb the frickin' door casing all the way to the ceiling and stay there, unless I yell at him.. And this is a 20lb Norwegian Forest Cat mind you.. LOL Smile

Ever wonder what he can see that you can't. Eek

Posts: 2366 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldChimney:

Ever wonder what he can see that you can't.

Yep. Once about 10 years ago I bought one of the cheapo night vision monoculars. So I got home from the gun show and unpacked. It was night so I decided to see how it worked in the basement. Just me and the kitty cat. Down the dark stairs we went, her in the lead. She was running point, maybe 10 feet out front. As we entered the family room I was doing ok, but I decided to turn on the "illuminator", a little IR flashlight on the thing.

Ole Kitty spun around to look at me. I didn't realize cat's don't really see in the dark, they just see IR. Its their built in night vision.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I didn't realize cat's don't really see in the dark, they just see IR. Its their built in night vision.

Huh?

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eskimo Cat in cold on the inside...

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've felt like that before Smile

Posts: 10885 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Be-yootiful plummage, the Norwegian Forest Cat....

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16234 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't realize cat's don't really see in the dark, they just see IR. Its their built in night vision.

I can't find (in a brief search) anything to refute that, but I still don't believe this is correct. I think they just have much more light gathering capability than hoomans humans.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Cat eyes gather light better, something about greater rod density, but they don't see into the IR spectrum.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16234 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 721 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Cat eyes gather light better, something about greater rod density, but they don't see into the IR spectrum.

They also have reflective tissue behind the rods and cones at the back of their eyes...that's why cat eyes shine...

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

They also have reflective tissue behind the rods and cones at the back of their eyes...that's why cat eyes shine...

Tritium in kittium

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My life is controlled bu alien cat.

Posts: 113 | Location: Grande Prairie AB | Registered: May 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Posting Drunk
Picture of BeerFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BeerVixen, from the other room, once I spotted the angry bunny face:
"Are you okay in there? BREATHE!"

Posts: 1705 | Location: Hipsterville, MA | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 721 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post