Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted
It's bad enough you pay for Prime service and they have now decided to prioritize shipments based on what they believe are important and non-important items. Fine, I can deal with that to a point.

What I can't deal with is ordering items that I need for a job that I'm doing only to have them cancel the item with no notice to me at all. This has happened on a couple of items now. No fucking email, no notification, no nothing. Once you figure out how to get to their useless customer service department you get Bullshit answers and excuses. Come on, How do you damage a tire iron in shipping?

Let's see, you cancelled it and didn't inform me, then you tell me it's damaged in shipping even though there was never a tracking number, and you have neither issued a refund or shipped a replacement.

Another company that no longer wants my business, fine, I'm done.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6473 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Noticed that recently too. Ordered some parts for a bathroom remodel and said I would have it in 2 days. At least I got it 9 days later. Returned for refund since I needed them and searched locally for them.

They are also now instituting price increases on many of their items. Used to be Amazon was always one of the cheapest. Now that they have driven much of their competition out of the market, they are exercising their limited monopoly.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Amazon used to be m "go to" for almost everything. Now I find myself shopping the interwebs and am finding I'm getting better deals and faster shipping for identical products. Not similar, but identical.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are also now instituting price increases on many of their items. Used to be Amazon was always one of the cheapest. Now that they have driven much of their competition out of the market, they are exercising their limited monopoly

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very true. Buy local if you can and if not order directly from the supplier. It works for me.

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Noticed that recently too. Ordered some parts for a bathroom remodel and said I would have it in 2 days. At least I got it 9 days later. Returned for refund since I needed them and searched locally for them.

They are also now instituting price increases on many of their items. Used to be Amazon was always one of the cheapest. Now that they have driven much of their competition out of the market, they are exercising their limited monopoly.

That's always been the plan. See China dumping under cost steel. How many US steel mills are there now? A handful? Probably can count them on your fingers, no toes needed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20741 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I searched Amazon yesterday for a Safariland holster. Found what I was looking for, and it was "in stock". If I paid to upgrade shipping, I could have it priority by May 13.

Not April 13. May 13. Yeah. That isn't my definition of "in stock"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, that's not a critical item in their mind, but we'll all get through this 'together'.

I have seen this a couple of times, ordered the item, waited a day then requested to cancel - low and behold, they stated 'attempting to cancel', then shipped it the next day. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, that's not a critical item in their mind, but we'll all get through this 'together'.

I have seen this a couple of times, ordered the item, waited a day then requested to cancel - low and behold, they stated 'attempting to cancel', then shipped it the next day. Wink

I ordered a Safariland 6360 RDS holster from BIG T OUTFITTERS. (This was about 2 months ago). They took my money. About four days later it was marked shipped. Sometime later, I get an email from them saying that it never actually shipped because they never actually had the holster that I ordered. They took weeks to refund my money, and refunded it minus the upgraded shipping I paid for.

I'm done with Amazon.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I had one, yesterday, send me an email saying my order had been delayed. What do you mean delayed, a week ago you said it had shipped. Even gave me a tracking number. And then follow up emails. Reality, you never had it. I'm filing a fraud complaint with Amazon and sent an email to that effect to the seller.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scale of the logistics systems behind business like Amazon is hard to fathom. I buy guns and accessories wholesale from a handful of large distributors. With the exception of absolute peak season (Black Friday), everything makes it out the door in 24 hours...

...except that starting in mid-march, the volume of increased orders has wrecked things. Right now I'm waiting 3ish WEEKS to get stuff shipped.

When you factor in the increased volume of orders and efforts to improve and maintain worker safety in the warehouses (plus some of the pushback from the workers), it's no wonder this is happening. It's a good time to do business with smaller outfits right now.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Just purchased a countertop water distiller from Amazon yesterday. Though the order info says arriving Thursday 4/16 by 8pm, I'm certainly not going to expect that, and really didn't when purchasing it. They do mention in the order receipt that we'll send a confirmation when your item ships.

I've got nothing to lose either way as I almost expected shipping to be slightly delayed before making the purchase, but giving you the run around during the shipping is deceitful and bad practices. You have a legitimate beef and I'd be miffed myself. I hope it works out for you in the end one way or another.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Now that they have driven much of their competition out of the market, they are exercising their limited monopoly.

That was the plan and business model from the start.

Buy Local when possible. The extra cost goes to your neighbors, community and local area. I read where money spent locally was respent 3 times in the local market.

What's surprising- People wanted The Cheapest Possible regardless of consequences= Now we're seeing the consequences.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered some Energizer Lithium batteries from Amazon this morning about 5:30am. They were delivered about 10:30 am this morning.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4247 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Eek Drone??

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I tied ordering a valve cover gasket set but Amazon said it wouldn't be delivered until the end of April even though it was in stock. I ended up ordering from Rockauto and got it in a few days.

Posts: 3228 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, but I haven't seen any issues. In fact, I was out of town for a couple of weeks, had a couple of shipments sent to my temporary address with no problem. Then, after I came home, I made another order and forgot to send it to my home address. I contacted Amazon. They refunded my money and said if the order ever catches up with you, keep it for free.

But, even though I haven't experienced the types of issues mentioned, I've learned that Amazon likes to sneak in huge price increases on items I've bought multiple times. So, now I always price shop and I've noticed that Walmart has really upped their game.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6364 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "I'm ok with Amazon" group. Three items I ordered in the last 10 days came earlier than their system showed. One item actually was delivered last Sunday, when it showed that it would be Tuesday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UTsig,

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I'm in the "I'm ok with Amazon" group. Three items I ordered in the last 10 days came earlier than there system showed. One item actually was delivered last Sunday, when it showed that it would be Tuesday.

I place three orders in March. All things that aren't essential. Upgraded LED lights, screen protector for phone, and some other unimportant item. I still have two weeks til delivery. They have already changed me for two of the items. Their old policy was you don't pay until it ships. Granted all three orders are <$10 and are not critical for anything, but it is annoying.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20741 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shipping is a bottleneck for everything right now, so Amazon and others must prioritize. The pen needles I needed for insulin came in 2 days, a pair of shoes 10 days. Commercially it's no better. Guns and ammo that used to take 2 to 5 days are now projecting as long as a month to arrive.Bows and archery supplies just aren't shipping at all. Since everyone is at home, and stores are closed, everyone is shopping online. The system is a bit overloaded.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've noticed some things I've ordered with a far out delivery date (3 weeks or more), are followed up in a couple of days with a "shipping update". The update shows delivery within the week.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post