SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New Appliance Snafus: This Is ALL We Needed, Right Now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Appliance Snafus: This Is ALL We Needed, Right Now Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
<rant on>
Damnit!

As if being grief-stricken by the loss of a fur-buddy who was very dear to us wasn't enough...

A few days ago we took delivery of a new clothes washer/dryer set. Went top-drawer. These are essential tools for my wife. And it's not like many of my tools, which are acquired for things I mostly want to do and enjoy doing.

They scratch the washing machine in the process of getting it down to the laundry room. Not badly. We decided we could live with it. But then we find it wasn't draining the tub entirely. Lowe's says "Best to replace it" and schedules it.

We get charged for the replacement machine because they had to get it from another store. We'd get credited for the original one.

Then they schedule a service call to reverse the doors. Do they send out an actual, you know, service tech? Nope. Just another delivery crew.

"We've never seen these before" and starts looking at the documentation that came with the machines to figure it out. At this point I'm thinking "I probably should have done this myself."

All seems well, until...

My wife goes to put a load in, just now, and the washing machine balks because it insists the door is not locked.

Meanwhile, the company that services the extended warranty we bought can't find our contract and we've yet to be credited for the first machine.

I'm giving them one last chance to make this right, and they've 24 hours in which to accomplish it. Failing that, they're going to be picking them both up, and issuing us a full refund.

And I'm going to demand a refund for the disposal fee they charged us for taking the old machines away--leaving us with nothing.

They picked a Really Fracking Bad Time to annoy me.
</rant off>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lowes did well with our washer/dryer install and removal, Costco did great with their concierge service on the new oven/micro combo unit.

SIL ordered new washer dryer from Lowes, will see how the delivery/install goes.

Costco did however have a SNAFU on an order for a wine refrigerator we were waiting on during the dempanic for notice of shipment, which we got.

With all the 'rona delays it wasn't unreasonable to presume it was going to be slow but it never arrived for delivery.

Finally called after a few months to inquire, found it was sitting in a warehouse at the delivery agent, who lied about having the wrong address, wrong phone number, dog ate the paperwork, having a flat tire etc. Once we called Costco they got on the agent and it was here the next day.

Don't think I'd ever buy another appliance unless it was at Costco, they seem to have their vendors in check.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Lowes delivered my washer there was a small scratch on it. I pointed it out and got a forty dollar credit. Touched it up myself.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
When Lowes delivered my washer there was a small scratch on it. I pointed it out and got a forty dollar credit. Touched it up myself.
Yeah, they offered us a $100 credit. We were good with that.

Anyway, I called Lowe's and leaned-into the Asst. Manager to whom I spoke pretty hard. (I wasn't abusive, but I was clear I was in no mood to be trifled with.)

They've promised an honest-to-God service manager, who's pretty certain he knows how yesterday's crew screwed-up, will be out here early-ish tomorrow morning to make it right.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed the svc mgr makes it right for you tomorrow.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to visit four Big Box stores (Two Home Depot and two Lowes) before someone would sell me a washer and dryer. ($1500 bux)

Everyone was too busy, they said. Paperwork and cellphone texting, ya' know.

Finally, a good salesman put away his paperwork and made the sale.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's to hoping tomorrow turns things in a better direction.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Refunding your disposal fee on top of the charge back for the washing machine is the least they can do for you.

I hope you get it all sorted out.

Don't worry, it will all come out in the wash. (Sorry, I had to throw that in as it just came up in my mind right now.)

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Years ago our washer and dryer set was delivered and installed. The delivery experts deemed a function test was in order. Loud clunking. They had put their electric hand tool inside the dryer before carrying it up the stairs, and then discovered it after turning the unit on, denting the drum all over.

The store asked if we still wanted the unit. Nope.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Here's to hoping tomorrow turns things in a better direction.
And it did.

A couple screws were not tight and a tiny little filler piece that shouldn't have been in there fell out when he pulled out the door latch to check its connector. One or both of those were probably the culprits. He put it all back together and it ran.

My wife's already run three loads.