SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please Invent a Phone Jammer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Invent a Phone Jammer Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
Just watched a blm protest in Philly
For the love of god would somebody please invent a phone jammer, something that would phuck your phone forever for these worthless shitholes stuffing a cell phone in a cops face while he is trying to do his job…. Please ?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard of any permanent phone-wrecking tech, but there are phone signal blockers.

one example

The FCC doesn't like them, though
quote:
Federal law prohibits the operation, marketing, or sale of any type of jamming equipment that interferes with authorized radio communications, including cellular and Personal Communication Services (PCS), police radar, and Global Positioning Systems (GPS).

And, while it appears the Feds can occasionally use blockers, there's no exception for other LEOs.
quote:
Local law enforcement agencies do not have independent authority to use jamming equipment; in certain limited exceptions use by Federal law enforcement agencies is authorized in accordance with applicable statutes.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some churches used them for awhile. Do not believe they were procsecuted. One problem is that they block emergency traffic as well.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
That's been the common refrain from those complaining about not being able to access their phones anywhere anytime.

Funny how we lived just fine without that "emergency traffic" until ubiquitous cell phone usage came into being.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of some hand held device that would scramble the camera?
So assinine poking this crap in a cops face when they are trying to do their job.
From a distance, go for it
But within a few feet how is that not obstruction or some shit?
A wave of some device and your camera turns to shit without touching it
Yeah, that’s what I want

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
That's been the common refrain from those complaining about not being able to access their phones anywhere anytime.

Funny how we lived just fine without that "emergency traffic" until ubiquitous cell phone usage came into being.

Except the people who could have really used that emergency traffic at the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

You mean when there was a payphone on every corner and you could dial 911 for free? Yeah, I wonder what happened to those?

Oh, and before someone chimes in with "you can still dial 911 for free," I'll point out that nobody carries a landline in their pocket, and if everyone's cell phone is jammed, nobody's calling 911. Since this thread is specifically mentioning a BLM protest, if you want to count on businesses staying open and allowing people to come in and try to call an ambulance on their landline for a good guy who's bleeding out during a riot, then you're not thinking it through.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find the Portland weekday morning traffic disruption from last year where the guy trying to get to work throws one of the idiot protesters' phone down the street. That one was gold. I can't find it anywhere. I think it was Portland, could have been Seattle.

Now that was how to wreck an Antifa phone.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Wayne Enterprises can hook you up, if you know the right person.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You mean when there was a payphone on every corner and you could dial 911 for free? Yeah, I wonder what happened to those

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess the same place as police call boxes.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigmoid:

THATS what I'm talking about !
Would sell my body on weekends to fund such a thing

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigmoid:

THATS what I'm talking about !
Would sell my body on weekends to fund such a thing
So it's not a jammer to prevent them from making calls, you want something that disables their phones/cameras. That means some sort of portable EMP device. The problem is you'll then have to shield your own devices from the pulse, and your Lamborghini as well. Big Grin

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Bigfoot. There are never any clear photos or video of them, so they must have some inherent ability to upset the function of cameras and other electronics.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Bigfoot. There are never any clear photos or video of them, so they must have some inherent ability to upset the function of cameras and other electronics.

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about
A Bigfoot camera
Bet that would sell like hotcakes

Your way
or
YAHWEH

posted Hide Post
I believe the device is made. It's called a "nightstick." Repeated applications are recommended.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, portable EMP device.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on a business trip 6 years ago in California and at every high end restaurant we went to your phone logo on your phone would turn red and you wouldn’t have any reception. I suppose the camera would still work though.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post