SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amica Insurnce: Monstrous Waste Of Time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amica Insurnce: Monstrous Waste Of Time Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
What a colossal waste of time. My homeowner policy expires renewal soon. Looking for some competitive quotes.

USAA, painless and fast, via their website.

Amica? Oy! Give them some information via website, get a response telling me to call them. Telephone is crappy option because hearing aids. Click on "CHAT" button. Deal with chat bot, trying to get a human. Finally get human, who asks a bunch of irrelevant questions, finally tells me that Amica is not writing any new homeowner policies in Florida.

WTF? Huge run-around and waste of time? If the company is blackballing some states, why not ask what state, as the FIRST question instead of going through a bunch of other questions?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just like I used to tell, and thus piss off, my old boss:

There's no reason, it's just company policy.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Not much different than United Healthcare whom I had a Medicare supplement with at the time mailing me a solicitation for a Medicare Advantage policy.

So I call them and go through the dance and several minutes into it she asks my county of residence. When I tell her her response was “We do not offer that in your county.”

She did offer some advice “You could move to a county where we offer those policies!”

Ummm, no thanks…

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They also do not want to insure firearm owners.

Back in 2012ish I was looking for a full suite of insurance. home, car, umbrella

We got all the way through, they had comparable rates, for everything, but their coverage was just a tad bit better.

They mailed a questionnaire over, and like the third or fourth question was Do you have any guns If so, what number and what is the value.

My collection had been downsized significantly as most had been banned by name in CT.

So, I wrote out the number and value, I think I put like 8k or something like that. Deductable was around 1k for the policy.

They flat denied us coverage over the guns when I sent the forms back.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I use State Farm exclusively.

They gladly write a ride to cover my firearms beyond the standard amount included with every homeowner's policy. I believe the standard amount is five thousand.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post