SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duplicitous Deceitful Shady Sneaky Shifty Car Dealers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duplicitous Deceitful Shady Sneaky Shifty Car Dealers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hello V-tail.

These guys https://www.huntfordky.com/searchnew.aspx are local to me. I've had good luck with them in the past. If they have anything you're interested in, I'd be happy to help. I'll go onsite to make sure it's there or recommend a sales person or ? Good Luck

Posts: 2105 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
They make way more money on service than they make selling cars.
They make way more money on robbing people than they make selling cars.
Fixed it for ya buddy.

Posts: 1157 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
They make way more money on service than they make selling cars.
They make way more money on robbing people than they make selling cars.
Fixed it for ya buddy.

True. I've only been to a dealer once, replace the a/c in a Voyager minivan. I pulled out a wad of fifty dollar bills
to pay. The lady was pissed, I'm gonna have to go to bank! Too bad honey.
I've found a local guy that treats me right, and he's a gun guy. I always ask him if he's bought any new toys,
Damn, he's buying more than me. I have to catch up.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:
Just wait until you get to know the smiling thieves in the service department.

You don't say.

Q

Posts: 27485 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new car last year. Prior to that the last time I went new car shopping was 17 years ago in another state. It was only the 4th time I’ve bought a car from a dealer.

Holy shit was it a terrible experience. I didn’t deal with that Ford dealer but the one I did go to had perhaps the worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. It was so bad that I walked away despite them having the exact car I wanted on the lot for a price I was willing to pay.

I ended up buying a Kia from a great dealership that seemed to actually value my business. It’s not the coolest car I’ve owned but it’s everything I need.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
It’s gotten worse as time passes. It used to be that a dealership wanted to build long term sales relationships with customers especially small mom and pop dealers in smaller towns/geographic areas. Customers for life. Together with mom and pop stores, a part of the community they did business in.

Then in the 70’s at least GM started noticing a trend that once a car’s warranty was up it never saw the dealer’s service department again. Various factors, hours of operations, pricing both parts and labor, customer amenities like a lounge/waiting area, dealer employees attitudes. Out of this came the Mr. Goodwrench program addressing these and other concerns.

By the early 2000’s the arrogance started. While dealers were seeing return business it started to fall off. Where GM had in the part touted “Genuine GM Parts and Service” along came AC Delco, of course a part of the GM family story to flex their muscles and push selling many of the same parts to the independent shops and setting up AC Delco service centers in conjunction with them, basically competing against themselves.

Cracks were seen in the GM Goodwrench program even early on. In the late 70’s here were brakes and tune up kits marketed to the dealers at reduced price points. Originally they contained genuine Delco Remy parts as evidenced by the stamped logo and included in the kits. By the turn of the decade we were seeing parts in those kits that were not Delco Remy but something the corporation bought on a bid process that met minimum standards, good enough was the philosophy.

More to follow this evening, got to leave for work now.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8364 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post