SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bare Bones McDonald's
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bare Bones McDonald's Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Who in their right mind would wait for three hours to get something from McDonald's?

People that have no lives. People that have no passions in life, hobbies, etc, sans consumerism, super consumerism, that’s who. Probably some Gen Z losers who wanted to take pictures of their “Creamy Avocado Tomatillo sandwich” and post it to their social media apps claiming to be first and shit. “At the new CosMc getting a churro frappe” IE neener neener. Like anyone is jealous of your dumbass wasting your life away on stupid shit like this. Look at the menu “tropical spiceade”. I’d call it purple dildo spiceAIDS.

Every day that goes by, and see shit like this, I think, we can’t go any lower. Then the next day, it goes lower, and lower, and lower. I have mentioned it before on here..companies are changing their products, their stores, etc, for Gen Z. I started to spot it 4 years ago in the home theater market. Years before that with motorcycles. Now it’s to the point of decades old McDeez are changing their stores to this. Big Mac? No we don’t serve that here. But we can make you up a Turmeric Spiced Latte or a Popping Pear Slush and pair that with a Spicy Queso sandwich. All in an effort to get that Gen Z money and cater to their dumb asses. The people that live on their phones 24/7. The people completely hooked like heroin addicts on mass marketing via commercial television and social media. The people who all live their lives, not in the real world Neo, but in the matrix of online social media applications. All playing the online Joneses with each other on 6 inch pieces of glass that they ferry around like a pacifier.

CosMc coming to you soon. From the article, 10 here in Texas next year and they want 10,000 of them by 2027. "fastest period of growth" in its 60-year history, the company said Wednesday.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^I thought you were joking then I clicked the link you provided on the previous page. I have no words.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Who in their right mind would wait for three hours to get something from McDonald's?

I'm guessing the same people who put up a campsite on the sidewalk to get the latest Apple product.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9...pening-line-camping/

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

I'm guessing the same people who put up a campsite on the sidewalk to get the latest Apple product.
Verrry interesting

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They remodeled one of the McDonald's by Sea World. It is setup just as the Op said. I can't get the burgers to be setup the way I want them as those Kiosks where you order the burgers do not have the options that I want. So I just go through the drive through and either eat in the parking lot or just take it inside and eat it there.

Posts: 479 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:
They remodeled one of the McDonald's by Sea World. It is setup just as the Op said. I can't get the burgers to be setup the way I want them as those Kiosks where you order the burgers do not have the options that I want. So I just go through the drive through and either eat in the parking lot or just take it inside and eat it there.

I’m curious as to what you want then?

The customization options via the kiosk is the one good thing over ordering at a counter or drive thru IMO with lots of ways to get extra onions or no ketchup or even things on a Filet O Fish that were never an option before like lettuce and pickles.

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My daughter and her friends wanted to stop at McDonalds before ice skating. You’re right; bare bones. Then I got home after the ice skating and realized my clothes smelled like McDonalds. No reason to go inside.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:

I’m curious as to what you want then?

The customization options via the kiosk is the one good thing over ordering at a counter or drive thru IMO with lots of ways to get extra onions or no ketchup or even things on a Filet O Fish that were never an option before like lettuce and pickles.

I usually get a double hamburger, but I want to add the big mac sauce on it...that is not an option for the hamburger.

Posts: 479 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I'm not even going into these McDonald's any longer for even a Coke.

Wife likes their fountain Coke which *is* really good as far as Coke, she asked me to stop at the newly reopened one near us on my way home from work last week.

Pull in and OF COURSE the new double-lane drive-thru is like 25 cars deep. So I park and run in and order at the kiosk screen. Then that craps out at the end and refused to let me pay, so I had to go up to the vestigial little counter and YELL into the kitchen where the crew is doing their very best as usual to ignore anyone up front.

Finally a woman grudgingly comes over and I explain that I ordered a medium Coke but the machine would not let me pay and to come to the counter. Without missing a beat she looks at the screen and says "OK...$21.95" Me: FOR A SODA? Her: Oh, you didn't have the 2 Happy Meals and the blah blah blah?" Me: I just told you I ordered ONE soda and it wouldn't let me pay! Her: "OK, let me get that"

She has me pay then disappears for a minute then reappears and puts my Coke down and runs away. It's literally an inch short from the top! Now I have to yell AGAIN into the kitchen and get someone else's attention and have them fix that.

I told the wife, we are done. Not giving this place another dime. They've completely ruined the whole experience and simply do not care. She will have to get used to sodas from elsewhere.

At this rate they should just shut the entire inside operation down, they clearly don't want you coming in there bothering them as they pump out the DoorDash and the drive-thru orders.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I haven't been inside of the local one, but the external appearance definitely changed after the remodel. Instead of being colorful, cheerful and inviting, it looks functional but stark, almost like a prison.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's McDonalds, only time I'd go there is if there is absolutely nothing else.

Posts: 64 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't believe franchisees get any say in this.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatAz:
It's McDonalds, only time I'd go there is if there is absolutely nothing else.
Or if you gotta go. At least for now, they still have bathrooms inside, and since all the humans are in the back, they won't even know or care if you purchased anything. But, be warned, I've been in a few where the bathrooms were locked and someone behind the counter had to press a button.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I occasionally eat now, and for years now, at a McDonalds near me.

I only get breakfast there. NOthing else.

Braum's is next door, I like their breakfast equally well, actually a tad more. Their help seems to have a better attitude and helpfulness compared to McDonalds next door. Price at Braums is better by a couple bucks or so for a combo.

As mentioned in the post above, they have raised their prices as far as they could to make the maximum $$$, comparing profit vs how many customers they'd lose.

Posts: 12003 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well they lost me after my experience trying to get my wife a soda in early January and I’ve not been back to them nor plan to.

Makes you wonder if there are lots of people out there like me that started doing this and that’s what caused the CEO to make his statement.

posted Hide Post
I can't speak to the rest of the country, but here in California this is what you get when the gov't insists that fast food workers make $20/hr to start.

Posts: 275 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate to have a Culvers here in MQT. Beats just about everybody else in the fast food biz.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I am fortunate to have a Culvers here in MQT. Beats just about everybody else in the fast food biz.

I hear everyone rave about them and In-N-Out and sadly we have neither here. Frown