SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Free" boat trailer - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Free" boat trailer - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
My buddy Frank was heavily into boats and had a couple of trailers that his widow wanted gone.

One I knew was junk, total rust bomb.

The other was a nice-looking 1500 pound single axle galvanized rig for a small boat or dory. I knew the tires were rotten but the rest looked okay.

Dale the Builder has a small boat he's tired of trying to wrassle into the back of his truck so he's interested in the little trailer.

"I'll put some new tires on it and repack the wheel bearings and you can have it for $xxx"

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Bearings and races completely trashed. Looks like the spindles are okay and I can save the hubs. Leaf springs that used to be a 3 pack with wedges are now a really, REALLY thin single leaf and I'm pretty sure if you put a 1000 pounds on the trailer they'd snap.

My initial price estimate on the trailer has doubled, I'm already pretty much giving away my time, and we're not done yet...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15240 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Soooooo... you're saying, free puppies and free trailers are pretty much the same thing? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Soooooo... you're saying, free puppies and free trailers are pretty much the same thing? Big Grin

Only thing worse is a free pony...

Posts: 15240 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, I can only imagine that. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

Only thing worse is a free pony...

Had a buddy on the giving end of a free pony, once his girls outgrew it.
Receiver's kids enjoyed it for years & the giver didn't have to dig a large hole.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Always remember that there is a vast difference between "free puppies" and "free the puppies". Grammar is your friend, and that little article is very important to the final result.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Always remember that there is a vast difference between "free puppies" and "free the puppies". Grammar is your friend, and that little article is very important to the final result.

Indeed. I'm all for "free the puppies"!