SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Night shift. Nobody wants to work and everything is closed.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night shift. Nobody wants to work and everything is closed. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
QT (Quik Trip) and Circle K here in Arizona. Both open 24 hours and of the two stores, QT is cleaner with fewer homeless critters hanging around..

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Recently was explaining to my kid that it was this way in the early 80’s. Nothing was open after 10:00. At least the c-store’s are much improved.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I've worked the night shift for almost 20 years now. I've learned just to pack my lunch.

Have you noticed after about 2300 hrs all gas stations and food places employ the least desirable members of the community?

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTREND75:
I've worked the night shift for almost 20 years now. I've learned just to pack my lunch.

Have you noticed after about 2300 hrs all gas stations and food places employ the least desirable members of the community?

They're probably the only ones willing to work graveyard on a regular basis.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by DTREND75:

They're probably the only ones willing to work graveyard on a regular basis.

Yeah... Only undesirable members of society would be willing to work night shift on a regular basis for almost 20 years now, DTREND75. Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Daytime as well. Good help is hard to come by. The early am shift catering to the blue collar crowd are pretty good. They can make change in their head and handle several orders at once.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is how the hell are these bums still sustaining at home ? Stimulus stipends for unemployment are gone and a stimulus check hasn't gone out for a while. Where are they getting their $?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
What I want to know is how the hell are these bums still sustaining at home ? Stimulus stipends for unemployment are gone and a stimulus check hasn't gone out for a while. Where are they getting their $?

I suspect they're not paying their rent and other things also.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you. Casey’s closes at 2300hrs. Walmart and Hy-Vee used to be 24hrs as well now open till 2300hrs. Hell even our local truck stop closes now at 2300hrs. Never heard of a truck stop closing till now!!! Kum&Go is open 23hrs a day. Closes from 0200-0300 for cleaning. That can’t get any help for the night guy and since he is the only one working. He is pretty sharp and a good worker. They do pay him pretty well for convenience store worker and rightfully so. Mickey D’s is open 22hrs a day and Taco Hell is open till 0200 on Friday and Saturday’s and till 2400hr on the other nights.

Now if you like real Mexican we have one drive-thru/sit down that is open till 0200 on weekends and 0100 on weeknights. A couple roach coaches stay open till about 0200hrs as well from April till early November. They don’t come
Out in the winter.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I can no longer do 3rd shift. Never again. In the future, you can eat Ravioli or Spagetti Os right out if the can, with a plastic spoon.. Big Grin. You actually do not cook Ravioli from a can as its ready to eat.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post