SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    John Fetterman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Fetterman Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
How the fuck did this guy get elected. I know a few cockatoos that speak with more intelligence than this guy.

I’m serious here. He’s dumber than a potato. Did the people that voted for him ever hear him speak in public? He can’t even form a sentence.

I must be getting old. I look around and think this is who got elected? People actually voted for this shoe tree? We are fucking doomed if people think this guy is capable of anything other than drooling on a bib and pissing his diaper.

I don’t even live in Pennsylvania, but I feel terrible for the people there.

Fucking bewildering.

I rarely get involved in political discussions, but I’m truly gobsmacked.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
He doesn't have to speak. He only has to vote like he's told.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hope he recovers from his stroke, but...

The man makes Biden sound competent. WTF PA voters?

I watched a news interview a few weeks ago where one rocket surgeon was going through the mental gymnastics of saying it's OK because he wouldn't be the worst medical mental damage in Congress. WTF PA voters?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Isn't this the same state that reelected a dead guy?

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is beyond FUBAR how someone with an obvious mental deficit to the degree he has exhibited which results in him coming across as a retarded idiot can be allegedly ‘elected’ to be a US Senator.

To bring further embarrassment to the Commonwealth, Fetterneck, the fucking moron ran on a platform that included releasing criminals from prison that were convicted of committing violent crimes and not prosecuting criminals arrested for committing violent crimes.

His ‘debate’ was so bad that some of the fucking idiots that had signs out for him actually took them down.

It’s un-fucking believable what happened here.

Sorry for all of the cussing but I am fucking ticked off!

I am sure that the 249K absentee ballots that were sent out to unverified voters was an honest ‘mistake’ -

“Pennsylvania’s Department of State Has Sent Out 249,000 Ballots to Unverified Voters in 2022 Election”

https://patriotalerts.com/2022...rs-in-2022-election/

Don’t even get me started about that fucking worthless piece of shit Shapiro!!

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Because his supporters hate the opposition that much. Issues or charisma take a back seat to hate.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
On a related note, look how close the R Johnson / Mandela Barnes race was in WI.

Say you are crewing up a modern day Titanic, wouldn’t it be better to have a qualified Captain at the helm?

I think we’ve met the enemy, it’s us. Not saying you, but enough uniformed voters that they deserve what they get.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

I think we’ve met the enemy, it’s us. Not saying you, but enough uniformed voters that they deserve what they get.

Not only us but the Republican party as a whole. They sat back and thought everything that the Democrats did wrong would influence voters to vote for them. Here comes the Red Wave. Didn't happen.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Not only us but the Republican party as a whole. They sat back and thought everything that the Democrats did wrong would influence voters to vote for them. Here comes the Red Wave. Didn't happen.

I don't understand where this thinking comes from. What didn't the Republicans do that you think they should have?

I ask because what I saw were the Republican candidates from all states for all offices doing what I'll call "A Trump" - that is being everywhere and talking to everyone. They were on every interview program they could get on; did as many townhalls, speeches, and campaign visits as they could; and counter-punched the Democrats at every turn.

I saw Republican candidates that were fighters with a great message doing what was necessary. As regards them sitting back, what did you see that I missed? What more could they have done?

Edit to add:

It wasn't until I read this article posted in the Nov. 8 results thread that I understood what joatmonv, and others, were referring to. It's not the candidates but rather the people with power in the Republican Party that are the problem...

The Absurdity of the Blame Trump Campaign
https://amac.us/the-absurdity-...lame-trump-campaign/

In an Election Day interview, Donald Trump quipped something to the effect that if his endorsed candidates won on Tuesday, he should get all the credit, and that if they lost, he should get none of the blame. As Trump surely knew when he made the joke, what would actually happen on election night was always destined to be the exact opposite. From the moment the polls closed, the media pundits and establishment Republicans eager to dispatch the former president from the stage were working frantically to ensure that where Trump’s endorsed candidates lost, he would get all of the blame—and where they won, he would get none of the credit.

But this predictable attempt to make Donald Trump the scapegoat for closer-than-expected midterm election results is highly misleading, and an oversimplification in the extreme.

The results of Tuesday night’s elections do not tell an easy story for those looking to pin the blame on Trump.

Many Trump candidates—including J. D. Vance, Ted Budd, almost certainly Kari Lake and Adam Laxalt, potentially Blake Masters, and possibly (after the runoff) Herschel Walker—will have won their races in highly competitive swing states despite most being outspent by tens of millions of dollars.

Where Republican candidates faltered, it was not just those who were chosen by the former president: numerous strong House candidates handpicked by Kevin McCarthy lost races the consultant class had expected to win, including Yesli Vega running against vulnerable Democrat Representative Abigail Spanberger in Virginia, Rhode Island Republican Alan Fung, Mayra Flores and Cassy Garcia on the Texas border, and many others.

If Washington, D.C. consultants and establishment leaders are truly looking for someone to blame for the lack of a red tsunami on Tuesday, there are far more suitable candidates than Trump. First among them would be Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, whose allies appear to be behind much of the Blame Trump campaign.

Whatever virtues McConnell may have as a legislative tactician and fundraiser—and they are evidently considerable—the fact is that McConnell failed to use his power over the past two years to shape the political terrain in ways that would support an overwhelming Republican victory. Even worse, he actively undermined Republican candidates at critical junctures.

At no point in the past two years have Americans seen McConnell and other top Republican leaders in Washington pick real and effective fights with the Biden administration. At no point have they managed to focus the nation on controversies that would be politically advantageous to their party. In Trump’s absence, the GOP establishment has reverted to McConnell’s preferred style of opposition, one of passivity and accommodation.

Time and time again, the Senate Minority Leader has proved fundamentally unserious about opposing the overreaches of the radical left. If establishment Republicans believed that the border crisis was the existential national security disaster they claimed in their speeches, nothing about McConnell’s actions in the Senate would suggest they actually believed it. There were no threats of a government shutdown if the border was not restored. There were no real conflicts over spending bills. There was no significant effort to block key nominees or exact a price for the Biden administration’s extremism. Worst of all, there was virtually no effort whatsoever to use McConnell’s considerable power in a 50-50 Senate to set up strategic fights—to force Joe Biden to finish the wall, or to stop the Department of Homeland Security from trying to censor free speech.

Instead, in a Senate that routinely needed Republican votes to pass Democrat priorities, McConnell ensured that Democrats routinely got them with as little fanfare as possible.

Since January 2021, McConnell’s Senate minority has greenlighted some of the left’s most unpopular legislative and foreign policy initiatives—from the $550 billion “infrastructure” package to emptying out America’s arsenals and sending them to Ukraine. Even if he intended to pass the tens of billions for Ukraine, an effective Republican opposition leader would have insisted on including provisions to secure America’s own border in the process. The American people would have rallied to the Republicans’ side.

That would be the kind of leadership that could have forced the media to give some coverage—any coverage—to Congressional Republicans doing something useful.

Instead, McConnell’s theory appears to have been that he could win the Senate majority by default. When asked what Republicans would do if given the Senate majority, he famously replied that he would tell us after they had won. When NRSC Chairman Rick Scott attempted to put forward a positive vision for the party to rally around, McConnell slapped him down.

In retrospect, these appear to have been grievous mistakes. Republican leaders in Congress succeeded only in making themselves effectively invisible and allowing Democrats to drive the subject of national conversation to other issues—abortion, “democracy,” January 6th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: marksman41,

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the lib talking heads promoted the idea of him making a good president as he would be a “good listener.”
I tell ya, I’m goin’ friggin’ nuts here!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
THIS is why this STUPID SHIT keeps happening.

Do you see in the lower very right corner of this map? Dark blue, that is Philadelphia. Around it are what are referred to as the “collar counties” of Montgomery, Chester, Bucks. Over to the left, there is an area that is blue as well, that is Pittsburgh.

We get fucked every time by these Democrat strongholds, Pennsylvania is actually a red state, but gets overwhelmed by these two areas every time.

The collar counties used to be red, or at least purple as well, but all the Commies keep moving out of Philadelphia to these counties, to escape that shithole and bring their voting habits with them.

It’s disheartening Confused

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
PA Sig said it all-

What gave Fetterman his win (and this should be a lesson for future elections) was EARLY VOTING.

They kept him hidden for almost the entire election and then agreed to do ONE debate with Dr. Oz. No one really noticed that the debate date was cleverly ONE MONTH after early voting began in PA.

Because over 640k people early voted, by the time election day rolled around and people saw Fetterman's condition and capabilities, the election was essentially over.

So the Dems are encouraging early voting because IF surpressed news finally comes out (a la Hunter's laptop) it's TOO LATE...

Fetterman already had his votes. Many dems I know were highly bothered by his condition and felt they were misled, but there's no do-over for early voters.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should have been informed voters. I live in Texas.....I knew Fetterman could not 6 words together and make an intelligent sentence. All you have to do is get out of your circle and pay attention!!!!!

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They literally don’t care. Period.

All that matters to these people is the (D) next to the name, it doesn’t matter who the person is.

The Democrats are like the Borg. It’s all about the Democrat collective.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the lib talking heads promoted the idea of him making a good president as he would be a “good listener.”
I tell ya, I’m goin’ friggin’ nuts here!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well considering we’ve got Biden right now, Fetterman has a chance.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Growing up I learned the term “Yellow Dog Democrat” referring to an area of SE Oklahoma and their people.

Fettermans election is a perfect example of Yellow Dog Democrat meaning link click

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True story. I was having breckfast with an 80+ year old. This discussion came up. He said that I was " picking on" the disabled!!! Maybe this person's age made him more sympathetic to health issues, I don't know. My questions would be, are you willing to get on an airplane with the Captain recovering from a stroke?? How about a Doctor performing heart surgery??? Someone with the launch codes??? Oops, we already have that...

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if what Biden said about MRS Fetterman being a “great Senator” wasn’t the prophetic utterance of some demented old fool.

He gets sworn in on January 4, 2023; resigns office on January 5, 2023; Democrat Governor of Pennsylvania appoints the MRS on January 6, 2023, who will then stand for election in 2024 as incumbent.

Special Elections are called when the seat is vacant (i.e. House of Reps); while Senatorial vacancies are filled by Governor with an election to fill-out the unexpired term and are held at the next General Election.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If pa dems feel misled, perhaps they could lead a recall.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post