SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ridiculous price for synthetic motorcycle oil at North Mississippi Honda Dealership
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ridiculous price for synthetic motorcycle oil at North Mississippi Honda Dealership Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
buying oil at the dealership is just throwing good money away because dealerships mark up the oil 2 or 3 times more than what you would pay at Walmart or some auto parts store. Just check your owners manual for oil specifications and go from there.

Posts: 1708 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
HP4S lists for about $15/qt and HP4RU lists for about $26/qt. Is it possible the parts person made a mistake?

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
HP4S lists for about $15/qt and HP4RU lists for about $26/qt. Is it possible the parts person made a mistake?

It did look like a new sales person. However, the long time parts guy was standing beside her and involved in the conversation regarding the oil and the price. Even then, $156 ($26 per quart for HP4RU) is still a long way from $240 for 6.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4863 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
buying oil at the dealership is just throwing good money away because dealerships mark up the oil 2 or 3 times more than what you would pay at Walmart or some auto parts store. Just check your owners manual for oil specifications and go from there.

I think most people understand this. People usually buy from a dealership for convenience. The Walmart in my area doesn't carry an oil filter to fit my 2021 Africa Twin. I was passing by the dealership and wanted to change the oil that day. I was willing to pay a little extra for the convenience.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4863 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post