SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Claussen Pickle Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claussen Pickle Shortage Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bought another jar tonight.

Now I have....

Whole dill pickles
Dill spears
Dill sandwich slices
Mini dills

Yep, better go buy their stock!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not even an empty spot at my publix .... seems they are gone......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Claussen have not been on sale in ages. I've taken to buying the big (128 fl oz) $7 jug of whole Mt. Olive pickles and slicing them up.

https://www.mtolivepickles.com.../whole-kosher-dills/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Shelves are bare around here again too.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've been getting the sliced or sandwich versions, none of the full solid pickles for a few weeks...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We've been getting the sliced or sandwich versions, none of the full solid pickles for a few weeks...

Odd, I'm having the opposite experience. Lots of whole minis available, but no slices or spears.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandwich slices is the hard one to get here... selling like hotcakes.
They are coming in, they just go quickly.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
hmm, now if we all lived a bit closer we could arrange a pickle swap.... Big Grin

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My 9" Wüsthof bread knife makes quick work of turning whole pickles into sandwich pickles. And maybe slice up a sweet onion as well. Mmmmmmm - onion tomato on white with mayo. Pickles next time.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well it seems I've figured it out.

I presume they, Clauseen were trying to get rid of all the current stock so that folks might not notice the change in the new packaging.... seems the corporate bean counters have been at work:

NEW JAR AND OLD JAR

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Bought some a few weeks ago in Denver. I’ve never had then before but holy shit they were great. Found them again in Minneapolis and they are also available at my local store here in Florida. I’m hooked.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I bought Claussen in the supermarket on Monday. The jar was 32oz. Same price as the last time, IIRC $4.99.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Well it seems I've figured it out.

I presume they, Clauseen were trying to get rid of all the current stock so that folks might not notice the change in the new packaging.... seems the corporate bean counters have been at work:

NEW JAR AND OLD JAR

No, the halves have always come in a larger jar than the sandwich slices.

20 oz slices vs. 32 oz halves.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Smart shopper you are. You should try out for Price is Right.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
No, the halves have always come in a larger jar than the sandwich slices.
20 oz slices vs. 32 oz halves.

That' the way it's always been here, we've been out of the full pickles, and garlic flavor is hit or miss.

Seems like Vtails pronoucement of pickle shortage has simply increased the problem..!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The cause of the shortage is claimed to be a shortage of glass jars.

It seems that people are not re-cycling glass in enough quantity to keep up with the demand.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After you get used to Claussen, everything else tastes terrible, especially Vlassic. I get some every time I grocery shop if they are available. Usually spears.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Dear V-tail-

You have ruined me for all other grocery store pickles. Until this thread I had never tried a Claussen. Now I’m a pickle snob.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

It seems that people are not re-cycling glass in enough quantity to keep up with the demand.

I guess there is a shortage of sand?

That is one of my pet peeves .... my 'town' stopped recycling glass.... some BS about the company that does this can't make any money off of it. Interesting thing is the other two major cities here in S.C. Columbia and Charleston still recycle glass....

My Publix quit carrying the dern pickles ...... I think it's Biden's fault.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Where did you learn that the cause is “a shortage of glass jars”? Link?

Or maybe frustration has driven you to an ironic post. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post