SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DFW, it's gonna last 2 whole days
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DFW, it's gonna last 2 whole days Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'm sure it's similar down here in Houston, though I don't think we're supposed to get as cold.
I do my weekly run on Sunday morning & try to be out of HEB by noon.

I only had to make a run to the tax office to finally get my car registered. Got there 5 minutes before they opened & there were only 2 other people there. So glad I don't live in Harris county.

Where do you live in Spring that is not in Harris County?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Going to be -50f or more (less?) here tomorrow. Need to be a tad careful and maybe wear socks and long pants.

DAMN DUDE! Eek

And I thought -25 was bad.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I forgot bananas yesterday (brain fart) so I warmed up the truck and headed out. Dead as a door nail. I have snow/ice rated tires on the truck and it's AWD (and put it in snow mode) so I got to have some fun hanging the ass end out around corners with no traffic around me whatsoever. The store employees were laughing yet again about the whole thing. One lady said "yeah a whole 48 hours!". Nobody is on the road. Just the normal idiots on the highways getting stuck. Local roads were no big deal and it isn't "dangerous" at least not yet.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Going to be -50f or more (less?) here tomorrow. Need to be a tad careful and maybe wear socks and long pants.

Definitely want to put on a sweatshirt if you are going to be out more than a couple hours.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Just went out, the roads suck...solid ice.....I love you Texas but look up road salt, it works Roll Eyes

went to the Local Tom Thumb and
I bought a bag of Dots pretzels and a 12 pack of beer....oh and our fav taco sauce as it is hard to find.

I did break out my parka...just because

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well I’ve been here my whole life except for a short stint in Colorado. I *Love* the winter and get as excited for this weather as a school kid. Never have had a problem driving in it, maybe it’s because I contain something that’s in short supply these days….common sense.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Just went out, the roads suck...solid ice....

Just got up and went outside to check. Yup, solid ice now. Ring caught a Fox trying to set up shop on the porch. Looks like the same fucker from last year during the freeze who tried to bury itself in my mulch and camp. Fucker got a lot bigger this year. Same damn Fox.

I turned on the tv and the OTA is having issues due to the weather I’m sure. Out of my locals I can only get NBC clear and they have the Olympics on with some communist prick giving a speech and I’m not watching that shit or any communist Olympics. Damnit I wanted to watch bumper cars on the news, bad.

Edit: Found a CBS Dallas station on Pluto. Just saw an 18 wheeler stopped and pointed the opposite direction it should be on the highway. Highways look completely iced over and fucked. Should be some action on the tv today.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'm sure it's similar down here in Houston, though I don't think we're supposed to get as cold.
I do my weekly run on Sunday morning & try to be out of HEB by noon.

I only had to make a run to the tax office to finally get my car registered. Got there 5 minutes before they opened & there were only 2 other people there. So glad I don't live in Harris county.

Where do you live in Spring that is not in Harris County?

About a mile south of 99 between 45 & 59.

Drove in to work this morning, 26* & dry roads. Was nice having significantly less traffic on the road.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yup the roads are worse this morning, my lovely wife wanted to go out for breakfast so we ventured forth....nothing was open at 0700. Even the 24 hour pharmacy had a sign saying "no pharmacist on duty".

Going to get tires put on later this morning but will call to see if they are even open.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just lovely here in WI, out soon to replenish the firewood for the stove.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Just checked the lanai. No snow or ice, hot tub is 104, and the sky is blue.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I hit Costco at like 10;30am this morning and it's a got damn zoo. You'd think it was Christmas Eve. Whole parking lot is full. We are expecting teens, and some wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, maybe snow early tomorrow AM, but get this..... it's going to last 24-48 hours! Fucking 2 days or less! It's looking like it could have even thaw on Friday so perhaps just 24 hours of the shit..

I've been to TX and love the Costcos there. In and out in less than 1/2 hour. Come to wonderland California and you'll love it. Costcos and Walmarts became amusement parks for certain ethnicities. Mom dad and usually 3-6 kids in tow breaking shits as they slither through the aisles.

I would trade those 2 days of chaos in DFW for eternal fuck here in California. From opening to closing time it's a war zone each and EVERY god dam day. Obnoxious disgusting people from front to back left to right. Can't wait to flee to civilization.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post