SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Student loan forgiveness
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student loan forgiveness Login/Join 
posted
“”Joe Biden expected to announce $10,000 student loan forgiveness program Wednesday….about $300,000,000,000 worth, all in!””

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...rican-taxpayers-300b

Well, let’s see, I’ve put out about $1000 or more over the past few weeks for plumbing, a non-freezing freezer, and all the other inflated items found on our store shelves these days.

How about some ‘forgiveness’ for me? Hell, wouldn’t have to be ten grand, just a couple thousand would be fine. Frown

On a brighter note, so far, the “more money for school” tax for Hillsborough county was voted down by a slim margin yesterday here in Florida. I say so far ‘cause it only failed to pass by about 600 votes which triggers a recount. Roll Eyes

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now minority groups are complaining that it is only 10 grand and that is not enough. According to the report Black families have much more student debt than whites. They are now disappointed with Joe and his campaign promises.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Don't I feel like a sucker. Worked my butt off paying back every dime of $150K.

This angers me to no end. $10K will put but a minor dent in the debt most graduates have these days, but it is free money just the same. Buying votes...plain and simple.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My parents couldn't afford to send me to college so I went in the Army to get the G.I. bill and still had to work a job in order to live and pay tuition and books.

I want my money back with interest.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily, I only needed a loan for my first (of 6) year of college & it was only about $15k IIRC.

I worked 60hrs/wk & took a 12 course load piled into T/Th just to keep a roof over my head & PBJ and bread in the kitchen.

Paid back every penny. I don't recall the structure, but I think it was split between me & my dad, and was deferred until I was not a full time (12 hr +) student.

Being fresh out of college & making ends meet, even the $150/mo was tough until I got a 'real' job.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Let’s see:

2 year at a state 2 year school: $675 per semester plus $200 per semester in books
2 years at a state 4 year school: $800 per semester including books

That’s $7,700. I did take 2-12 credit summers, but I don’t remover what that cost. Probably around what a regular semester cost, so let’s say the 152 credits for my Accounting and Finance degrees cost right around $10,000. I should have borrowed the money.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Complete and utter bullshit. Does nothing to address the real problem of run away education costs (fueled I would assume by easy loans).

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So those of us that worked and paid for college ourselves ought to get a rebate.
Where is my check?

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is very bad. I believe this will be a major contributor to the decline of the USA as a world leader.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
But, but, but, it's only $321,000,000,000. Chicken feed.
Complete and utter unadulterated Bullshit.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about this one all morning. I suppose what I want to say is: I believe in charity, but this is not a charitable cause. Every time you give to the undeserving, those that need help don't get it. I might be willing to help out a guy with his student loans if he majored in electrical engineering but lost his hands in a lab accident. He's got 6 kids and it tugs my heart strings so I help him. Mrs. Antifa on the other hand that financed her living expenses for 10 years to get a phd in marxism and spits on me as I write a check for her loans... that pisses me off.

Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So those of us that worked and paid for college ourselves ought to get a rebate.
Where is my check?

Same. I busted my ass to pay mine off and was one of the proudest days of my life. Now these little whiny bitches get free money? It’s infuriating. I’d rather them not this but if so where is my got damn $10k check you mother fuckers? I can’t believe our government rewarding shit financial behavior.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Now these little whiny bitches get free money?

Correction: Now these little whiny bitches get MY money?

Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
And us taxpayers take it in the ass again. FJB.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Well I guess it’s up to 20k now. What’s another 300 billion?

It’s frustrating. College graduates make significantly more on average than non-graduates so the Democrats, who consistently pander to the poor and the everyday working man, are helping those who don’t need it. They are buying votes as usual, but they are using our money to do it. Fuck Joe Biden.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
My parents couldn't afford to send me to college so I went in the Army to get the G.I. bill and still had to work a job in order to live and pay tuition and books.

I want my money back with interest.

Exact same situation for me. Flash forward 30+ years, we saved and invested and paid for our daughter's degree (she worked too).

That's $40K Joe owes us.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So $321 Billion is about $1000 each from every man, woman + child in America since the US Population is about 329 million.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can taxpayers be asked to contribute to a loan they didn't not originally agree to? The term may have been crappy.

Secondly, what scrutiny goes into how the loan money was spent? Tuition only? Books? Living expenses? Spring break in Florida? Cars? Trips?

I think this is one more issue that will sink Biden and his cronies.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work with a girl that told me that she and her husband got student loans and had no intention of paying them . Well , alrighty then .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Worked my arse off though undergrad. I left campus in 1993 with a sheepskin and 50$ in the bank. Will I get 10k for doing it right? Or how about my law degree that I needed loans for. Still paying that off. Does 10k apply for higher-higher ed?

But even in the early 90s I knew people who abused their loans. Trips to Florida for spring break, or a month in Europe over summer. All paid for by these loans. And my law school loans barely covered tuition and books.

And fast forward to the current generation that take classes that are useless outside the school. No one cares you majored/minored in woke studies. The Schools indulging the kids with pointless classes/degrees or building amenities that sound good, but don't actually do much other than cost money for the school. And the government offering these loans without oversight on how that money is spent.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post