SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Roku vs YouTubeTV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roku vs YouTubeTV Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
This pissing match is getting old. Claims flung by both sides are hyperbolic and read like SigForum's Lounge. Seems that the dispute is over YTTV's app on Roku. Whatever. Didn't affect me. Or so I thought. Then Roku updated and YTTV on my television suddenly started losing resolution: 1080p suddenly changes to 144p. WTF? Change it back and it will degrade again. After calling YTTV and no real help except that tech would write a ticket, I was losing patience. I deleted the app and started accessing YTTV through basic YT, as YTTV recommends. This seems to hold. Jesh, what a FUBAR.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
It always sucks when big corporations spat and the consumers get caught in the middle. As usual, neither one of them is a hero in this dispute. Google wants Roku to support a new video encoding method that saves google money by using less bandwidth. Roku doesn’t want to because they would have to raise the minimum spec for their hardware, and they don’t want to change the prices on their devices or eat the cost increase. It’s pretty much that simple.

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ditch YTTV and go with Hulu. I’m liking Hulu better the more I use it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post