SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Disney has gone full woke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney has gone full woke Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
The bizarre and dangerous obsession liberal progressives have for detailing and discussing the genders and sexual parts of young children is disturbing and receiving too much credibility.

Disney itself is more concerned with the sexual identifications of its princes and princesses (if those are still a ‘thing’) than it is with entertaining children; a far cry from what the company used to be.

During a Disney executive meeting of the minds, the diversity and inclusion manager Vivian Ware made a depressing announcement that theme parks will completely eliminate masculine and feminine pronouns.

Reporter Christopher Rufo obtained the leaked video of the meeting and posted the clip of Ware on Twitter. Rufo wrote, “SCOOP: Disney diversity and inclusion manager Vivian Ware says the company has eliminated all mentions of ‘ladies,’ ‘gentlemen,’ ‘boys,’ and ‘girls’ in this theme parks in order to create ‘that magical moment’ for children who do not identify with traditional gender roles.”

https://saraacarter.com/disney...-in-its-theme-parks/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I saw this article just last night https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...erse-characters.html where apparently a Disney executive is pushing for a least 50% LGBTQ (or whatever the current aconymmis today, I can't keep track) and minority characters in upcoming films. I've not been a fan of Disney for a long time, but the attempt to normalize and impose their woke ideology on kids is just absolutely disgusting. We won't be watching any more not their product in this house.

I've also never had a desire to visit their theme parks. It seems like a huge waste of money to me, and an absolutely miserable way to spend the day in oppressive Florida heat surrounded by large crowds. It'd have been a hard sell before...definitely never gonna happen now, even of it was free.

Posts: 8544 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Have you noticed that Universal seems to be staying out of all this woke bullshit?

I say good for them!

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
How about all the kids that 'identify' as being boys and girls, you know normal ones? Will no one think of the children?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Why in the world is everyone pandering to what seems to be around 5.6% of the population?

One of the main rules of Marketing is to pander to a majority of the people, not a minority.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why in the world is everyone pandering to what seems to be around 5.6% of the population?

Because a large portion of the employees at Disney are members of that 5.6% group.

Its a sad sad world.....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Same reason MSM is a bunch of lefties, most "journalists" are democrats.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not sure how they will eliminate pronouns. Signage possibly but they can't fire every employee that says he or she. There's not enough people lining up to work. Honestly the stupid people have taken over.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t long ago that Disney got a lot of crap for hidden sexual messages in their cartoons. Now they want to sexualize children and the general population is supporting them. It is a mad world for sure.

Maybe there is something to that Qanon stuff after all.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

One of the main rules of Marketing is to pander to a majority of the people, not a minority.

Pandering to what 'group'? All of the 'Alphabet People' or just certain letters? Honestly, I believe that certain 'letters' would prefer to NOT be associated with the rest of the 'Alphabet People' riding in that Clown Car! Regardless, I think 5.6% overestimates the percentage of the population here, especially if we're referring to the number that are confused as to what sex they are... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

Pandering to what 'group'? All of the 'Alphabet People' or just certain letters? Honestly, I believe that certain 'letters' would prefer to NOT be associated with the rest of the 'Alphabet People' riding in that Clown Car! Regardless, I think 5.6% overestimates the percentage of the population here, especially if we're referring to the number that are confused as to what sex they are... Roll Eyes

I was referring to the LGBTQ group, since the media always refers to them together as a group.

And 5.6% is a U.S. Nationwide figure according to the statistics.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Duke University has outdone itself.

LGBTQQIP2SAA
Stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit (2S), androgynous and asexual.

https://oie.duke.edu/knowledge...lossary/lgbtqqip2saa

NRA Life Member

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
And so we have another punch on the accelerator pedal for how little fucks are given to this irrelevant subset of society.

I'm still struggling with discussions of race and culture and economic status. Macro level stuff. Fuck this gender stuff. Who has time for this micro level shit?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got dragged to Disneyhell one time three years ago, never again. Watching grown men walking around with their kids wearing MM ears made me sick. The pussification of the American male is astounding. And yet they keep spending their money there. Yep, give money to people who hate the family is a great thing. Trying to make the abnormal normal.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That looks like a super-unbiased website and news reporting service. I can detect no agenda there at all.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That looks like a super-unbiased website and news reporting service. I can detect no agenda there at all.

Plenty of articles on Disney pushing for the repeal of That bill, titled Parental Rights in Education, states that lessons about sexual orientation are banned outright in kindergarten through third grade. It also prohibits lessons in other grades unless they are "age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate."

The LBGTQ activists have worked with media to title it "Don't Say Gay" bill.

There is no "don't say gay" bill, its the agenda of the social media push by minority lGBTQ's to project hate toward a R based bill that doesn't have the word Gay mentioned in the bill.

Disney is all in on Gay activism and rights, and Disney CEO has publicly stated he wants it repealed. DeSantis politely told him to go eff himself, FL isn't run by CA wokeism corporations.

The bill simply stops teachers in public and private schools from teaching gender based sexual or any sex ed from kindergarteners to 3rd grade. Fact is if you want to do this you should have your teaching certificate removed and be ostracized from teaching young kids.

BTW pick one..

Variety

Verge

Yahoo Finance

NY Post

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've been saying it for years- stay away from Disney. Stay away from anything associated with Disney. Don't patronize their theme parks, don't buy their merchandise, don't pay to watch their movies or even watch their movies for free.

Their lawyers aggressively go after small businesses for the slightest cause, in an effort to drive them into bankruptcy. They are cruel, vindictive, evil people working for a voraciously greedy, soulless corporation, and they have been headed in this "woke" direction for several years. Write them off.

Fuck Mickey Mouse, right where he breathes.

Dead to you- that's what Disney should be. Invisible- you don't see them, you don't hear them.

If this latest shit isn't enough to convince you- if you expose your children to these people, then, you deserve the fucking they're giving you.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Never did the Disney thing with the kids ever. No movies, no theme parks.

Their mom was the one that pointed out that core Disney values do not align with ours.

Been that way for a long time even before all this woke bullshit.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Twenty years ago I cried as I drove my two young daughters and wife to DisneyWorld. Bringing them to a place we revered as children, I could only cry as I recollected my own experiences. Seeing the same park, the same rides, it was magical.

Seeing the changes in society I shake my head in shame. What in the world is going on? How can we have a society with companies that support what is unnatural, unbelievable, and unnecessary?

I know my daughters, should they have children, will be interested in showing their kids Little Mermaid,or Aladdin. But, I hope they see the agenda, the purposeful distortion of truth, and reject this attempt to change the minds and hearts of young people everywhere.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Because a large portion of the employees at Disney are members of that 5.6% group.

Its a sad sad world.....

What percentage is large?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post