SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Disney has gone full woke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney has gone full woke Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
We used to enjoy going to Disney in early December when the Christmas decorations were up,. We liked going to the Candlelight Processional. Always stayed at the Yacht Club until they priced me out of there and we started staying at the Swan.

Then the grandkids got older and we figured out the 2 of us could go out West for 16 or 17 days and spend less money and see beautiful country.

Now with this I'm sure we won't be back to Disney. Screw em!

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Glad my kids are not big Disney fans. They enjoy some vintage Donald, Mickey & Goofy cartoons but never once expressed a desire to see Disneyworld. I am glad I am not in a position where I am feeling family pressure to support that woke dogshit in the form of an expensive park visit.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Full woke? Nah Full EVIL! Red Face

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get Woke, Go Broke is proving to be almost a law of physics that no entity can escape the reality of once they engage in it.

We are going to see this multi-billion dollar megacompany prove this once again in the next few years and it will be both fascinating and glorious to watch it all play out.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Get Woke, Go Broke is proving to be almost a law of physics that no entity can escape the reality of once they engage in it.

We are going to see this multi-billion dollar megacompany prove this once again in the next few years and it will be both fascinating and glorious to watch it all play out.

Granted I am not the most connected person to the mainstream as my only info on anything important generally comes from here.

But this whole go woke, go broke mantra is cute and all but do tell of any established large company that has gone broke for going woke?
Not referring to these little startup, pop up, or companies that were already on their way out and used the woke road to try to garner a second wind shall we say.

None come to mind. I am not saying you are incorrect just would like to know of some actual examples of large established companies that have gone broke because of it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big companies are hard to break. Disney, Nike, etc you aren’t going to break them. Hurt their bottom line? Make them adjust? Sure.

Just watch some of Disney’s latest Star Wars stuff. Bad Batch, Boba Fett, etc, you won’t convince me that Disney didn’t want to add some gender bending character, a woke storyline, climate activism, in those series. I think the6 learned something from buying a billion dollar industry, fucking it up, and trying to figure out how to return to their base.

I would argue Disney has learned some lessons. In certain divisions. Clearly not in the division of that crazy bitch mom. How fucked up a parent can she possibly be to have destroyed the sexual gender stats with her only 2 kids?

Btw, I don’t pay for Disney, my daughter did and for the first time in my life I’m taking cable from her. Feels good. Lol

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Well, went ahead and cancelled my Disney+ subscription. I'd been considering it for a while as it's the least useful of my streaming subscriptions, but this is kind of the straw that broke the Camel's back. I enjoy some of their stuff, but it's pretty clear that there are entire oceans between my values and their core values as a company.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
When I was growing up as a kid I watched the Wonderful World of Color, this was Disney's show on I think Sunday night.
I always thought some day I would like to work for Disney World.

As I got older I visited Disney World and even honeymooned there. My wife and I went back many times on vacation in the 90s and I fell in love with the Idea that some day I wanted to retire,sell the house in NJ, move to Florida and work for Disney.

When we lived in NJ I was a service manager for a fire protection company,a part time instructor at our county fire academy and a volunteer fire fighter.
My wife was an office manager for a financial firm,a part time employee of a Disney store and worked part time in real estate.

We worked so much we never saw one another, it almost cost me my marriage.

In 1999 we were burnt out and after a lot of convincing my wife agreed to move to Florida so I could live my dream and work for Disney.
I worked for Disney from September 1999 to January 2007 then again in 2018 for 3 months.

What is going on with Disney now was not going on back then, at least where I worked. This has only been going on to this extent for the last few years. I can only imagine what a hostel work environment has been created for cast members who don't agree with the small vocal minority over this. Sounds like HR may become very busy soon.

I worked with some very professional people at Disney, some were gay and most were not. Sexuality, being straight or gay never came up or was disused , it was a place to work not a place to promote your personal life or views on to others who were not interested.

For the small minority of fringe activist, Disney has become their soap box to yell at people from, and most people are getting sick of being lectured to.
Disney is not a cheap vacation and people want to relax not have to deal with some of the stuff that now goes on there now.

It perplexes me as to why Disney would even want to pick a side in this argument because in my opinion it is a no win situation.
Disney should have stayed neutral and I think that was what the CEO Bob Chapek wanted to do. It did not become an issue till a very small group of people made a big deal out of this law.
Disney never voiced any concerns over the proposed law while it was going through the State Senate. It only became an issue when a small group of cast members made it into something in their narrative that it never was.

There was a segment on fox yesterday. One of the host is a gay woman and she summed it up perfectly as to what is going on and why. This is a Youtube link to it because she was right on in her explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgw5frqG3k

I think he(Bob Chapek) was bullied in to making a statement and now it is going to back fire on them. I think his staff wanted him not to say anything and let it go away because the vast majority of people in Florida and across the country are in favor of this bill. I would not be surprised to see other states follow our lead in crafting similar legislation.

I have read the bill several times and I am still perplexed as to why anybody would be against this bill. I doubt the small minority of people who are against this bill but are yelling the loudest have ever read the bill.

My wife and I have been Disney Vacation Club members for over 25 years and we are also avid Disney cruise goers. If this attitude does not change soon all that may go away and we will be spending our money else where.

Disney is a publicly traded entertainment company that has to answer to its share holders, it is not a lobbing company and should stay out of politics.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As pedropcola stated: Big companies are hard to break.

Just look at the US Military... Especially the Army..

Plus it doesn't help matters when the current regime in office declares today:

National/International Whackadoodle day
and is inviting everyone to the Whitehouse...

Plus thanks to Pres. Biden you can now choose to be anything you want on your Passport..

Nooo...... That is not going to cause a problem or is a National Security Issue.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Why in the world is everyone pandering to what seems to be around 5.6% of the population?

One of the main rules of Marketing is to pander to a majority of the people, not a minority.

Pandering to what 'group'? All of the 'Alphabet People' or just certain letters? Honestly, I believe that certain 'letters' would prefer to NOT be associated with the rest of the 'Alphabet People' riding in that Clown Car! Regardless, I think 5.6% overestimates the percentage of the population here, especially if we're referring to the number that are confused as to what sex they are... Roll Eyes

I was referring to the LGBTQ group, since the media always refers to them together as a group.

And 5.6% is a U.S. Nationwide figure according to the statistics.

It used to be 3%, but they keep adding letters...And they've moved beyond LGBTQ at this point so try to keep up! Also, some of those letters, don't really want to be counted with the other letters because the 'cause' has been hijacked by the radicals!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he(Bob Chapek) was bullied in to making a statement and now it is going to back fire on them.

Bullied by whom is the question, all the LGBTQAXYZ employees, the LGBTQAXYZ Union of gay artists, two of the largest shareholders are Vanguard and Blackrock. Rumors of Blackrock pushing "woke" agendas on the companies it's invested into with their funds.

quote:
I have read the bill several times and I am still perplexed as to why anybody would be against this bill. I doubt the small minority of people who are against this bill but are yelling the loudest have ever read the bill.

Because it's not about the truth it's about the agenda, creating buzzwords, hype, social media push, get out the "gay" phrase and push push push. Tell a lie enough in the media and on social disinformation sites and bam it becomes the truth.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
I think he(Bob Chapek) was bullied in to making a statement and now it is going to back fire on them.

Bullied by whom is the question, all the LGBTQAXYZ employees, the LGBTQAXYZ Union of gay artists, two of the largest shareholders are Vanguard and Blackrock. Rumors of Blackrock pushing "woke" agendas on the companies it's invested into with their funds.

I think it is small portion but very vocal portion of the groups who are involved with the above mentioned organizations.

quote:

Because it's not about the truth it's about the agenda, creating buzzwords, hype, social media push, get out the "gay" phrase and push push push. Tell a lie enough in the media and on social disinformation sites and bam it becomes the truth.

Bingo.

If I am not mistaken Joseph Goebbels said something like

“If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself,”

I am not sure if this is true but it makes sense.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Why in the world is everyone pandering to what seems to be around 5.6% of the population?

Because a large portion of the employees at Disney are members of that 5.6% group.

Its a sad sad world.....

Exactly. Listen, to each there own. I try to be fair and equitable and not so cynical. But I was there a couple years ago and it’s full of rude-ass gay men and equally rancid lesbians.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Fl Governor and legislature want to hand Disney
(Mauschwitz) their ass:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/trav...ent-power/ar-AAVLQLV

The 27,000 acres Disney sits on is its own entity, Police, FD, and pays no taxes on the land. The Gov wants to rescind their autonomy.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I was there a couple years ago and it’s full of rude-ass gay men and equally rancid lesbians.

Disney has gay days, it isn't a "Disney" event, the LBQTPMOREIEIO group started it and it's morphed into a resort takeover. But they now cater to it since it's become very well attended, both CA and FL parks.

Think about some family from the UK who's saved up $10K for travel, tickets, rooms, meals, etc and show up that week.

Best to check online about it's dates before you show up with your kiddos unaware, since it's not a "Disney" event, they do no events for anyone, you just want to be sure you are not attending the parks for family fun.

Disney has embraced it, created rainbow merchandise, food, etc these folks are going to
show up no matter what, and Disney isn't going to stop it, considering the makeup of the company and the bad press it would endure.

https://www.undercovertourist....disneyland-gay-days/

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
It’s an easy boycott, zero relationship with them.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ALL of these WOKE companies do big business in China, and China does not have any tolerance for their anti-gender agenda. China will censor or demand different version of anything that has overtly gay or trans characters.

And they will do as China demands because the Chinese market is too big and too profitable.

In the U.S. they will do whatever they can to subvert our culture.

Cui Bono? Latin for "who benefits"

China does, because the U.S. becomes obsessed with absurdity and takes our eyes off things that really matter.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This sniveling, apologizing new Disney CEO really screwed up when he began kowtowing to the Alphabet Mafia and now they have him by the balls. Roll Eyes

We are out. We decided last week that Disney+ (which my kids love...hello Encanto! and will be tough but doable to get away from) is going away and Disney is dead to us. We will no longer support them in any way whether that be Disney vacations or watching their content. DONE

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

If I am not mistaken Joseph Goebbels said something like

“If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself,”

I am not sure if this is true but it makes sense.

I don't know who originally said it, but I've seen it a few times in my life and it's true. I've seen the majority of people in a company all believing one big lie.

Being an engineer, I want proof before I believe it. Drives Mrs. Flash nuts.

Me: How do you know that?

Her: That's what I heard.

Me: That doesn't mean it's true.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Men are from Mars

Women are from Venus

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit (2S), androgynous and asexual are from Uranus

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post