SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Midterm elections and after
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midterm elections and after Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
I swear to god "if" the Republicans take over the house and senate and then either impeach and remove Biden Harris. Or win the presidency in 24 and don't unfuck this country I will never support them again period! I am so sick of them trying to get along, they need to go scorched earth on them. Mad

Thoughts?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
As much as we hate demorats, it may be no reason to be as bad as they are.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a 50/50 country. If I thought a scorched earth approach would work, I'd be for it. I don't think it will. Say we win the House and Senate and decide to impeach Biden for whatever. It takes two thirds of the Senate to convict. Is that going to happen? No. While we're doing this, the average voter who is not as interested in politics as maybe you and I is going to say "What the fuck does this have to do with my life? Nothing. Gas is way up. I got a little raise at work, but it doesn't cover the price increases so I am really behind. I can't repair my car because my mechanic says he doesn't have the parts." I could go on, but you get the idea.

I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't bring up some "hot button" issues. We should. The issue of parents having input on school curriculum, critical race theory etc is a winning issue for Republicans. But issues like this affect average peoples lives. Impeaching Biden does not. We need to pick our issues and smartly articulate our positions.

My own sense from talking to a wide variety of people with a wide range of views is that most people are just tired. Tired of stuff like Republicans saying "lock her up" (referring to Hillary) and Democrats who accuse every Republican in the country as being racist scum. My Hillary example is dated I know but you get the idea. I don't think we should be as bad as the demorats.

We need to focus on real issues that affect real people's day to day lives.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree there is no need for impeachment of Biden. He is not in charge anyway. His cognitive decline is evident and will not be improving. When President Wilson had his CVA he was kept in hiding and his wife ran the show. That is not possible now. What is important is that Republicans gain seats in the midterm elections. History almost guarantees that will occur.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Biden loses the House and Senate next Fall, at least one. Losing both will severely limit him, like Obummer after he lost full control.

If Biden were removed we have ‘heels-up’, no better, maybe worse. If the Republicans take the House and/or Senate, we’d likely limp with that until 2024. I really can’t see Biden lasting that long anyway. Trying to impeach without the media to get back for the Trump harassment, unlikely.

Yes the country is 50/50, plenty of Bernie & AOC loyalists scattered about. In the near term I think it’s best to work with what we have, short of ‘burning down & starting over’.

Not sure what will happen in VA next week. I’d expect some good shockwaves should Youngkin come out on top.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If 'we/they' could not impeach Clinton for screwing an intern in the oval office or Trump for just being a total ass hole then who could ever expect Biden to be impeached for just being totally inept?

Impeachment is just used to keep us occupied and working to pay our taxes.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Totally unrealistic. There’s plenty of reasons to not think much of Republicans, but IMO, those aren’t it.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll hold my breath

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you stop supporting the Republicans, as bad as they may be, you're helping the Democrats.

Simple as that.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw impeachment. Let's charge them all with treason. But, where would that stop ?

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Refusing to enforce immigration law is impeachable. Treason for arming our enemies and importing 100 thousand into the country. Must not be bad enough yet for the general population

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Impeachment of Biden: Be careful of you wish for as it is almost certain ANYBODY else they put in his place will be WORSE. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Impeachment of Biden: Be careful of you wish for as it is almost certain ANYBODY else they put in his place will be WORSE. Frown

I was going to say the same thing but I'm afraid to speak her name. If he had named Susan Rice as his pick I wouldn't be as worried. But Lord help us all if she......

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Refusing to enforce immigration law is impeachable. Treason for arming our enemies and importing 100 thousand into the country. Must not be bad enough yet for the general population

The public wouldn't support impeachment for this. At least not yet. But I do think this is a good issue for Republicans. I believe there are plenty of independents and moderate democrats who definitely have buyers remorse with Biden.

There were plenty of districts in battleground states where the Republican congressional candidate won but Trump lost (in the same district). In fact, Donna Shalala who was in Obama's cabinet was elected to congress. She lasted one term and lost in 2020 to a Republican (Biden won the district despite Shalala's loss).

So Republicans I believe have the majority of the public with them on most issues. We need to run good candidates who can explain the issues well.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'll feel a little more secure when the Republicans gain control of the House and/or the Senate but I think we need Trump back in the Whitehouse and not another swamp creature regardless of party affiliation.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
If you stop supporting the Republicans, as bad as they may be, you're helping the Democrats.

Simple as that.

And what do you do when they are one in the same?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Californian who had to put up with Ms. Harris our AG, please don't mention impeachment of Joseph R Biden.

Let the Dems and Biden lose both houses of Congress based upon:

Afghanistan, lack of border security, inflation, spending like a drunk sailor on leave, and all manners of economic malaise.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
As a Californian who had to put up with Ms. Harris our AG, please don't mention impeachment of Joseph R Biden.

Good point. I heard him referred to as "the placeholder president" this afternoon. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being an incompetent idiot is not an impeachable offense. Perhaps you could consider his failure to enforce immigration laws as an impeachable offense. I'm sure you could find other items to charge him with. But a conviction in the Senate requires a two thirds majority. I am confident that Republicans will retake the Senate, but as far as two thirds, that might be a stretch.

What I am hoping is that Republicans will take enough House and Senate seats to absolutely paralyze Biden's agenda. The only thing left for Biden to do would be to go to Camp David, take naps, eat chicken soup, watch Golden Girl reruns and do other old people stuff.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

take naps, eat chicken soup, watch Golden Girl reruns
Ain't nothing wrong with naps or chicken soup (especially my home-made soup!), but I'll draw the line at Golden Girl reruns.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post