SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Midterm elections and after
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midterm elections and after Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If the Republicans take the House and Senate - why would they impeach Biden? Strategically they would be better off letting him rot/decompose to pave the way for a Republican Presidential victory.

I don't think the Dems are going to leave China Joe in charge until next November. He'll be gone in late spring so they can try and wipe away some of the stains before the Mids.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
I swear to god "if" the Republicans take over the house and senate and then either impeach and remove Biden Harris. Or win the presidency in 24 and don't unfuck this country I will never support them again period! I am so sick of them trying to get along, they need to go scorched earth on them. Mad

Thoughts?

Yea, I have some thoughts. I am so damn sick of hearing this from the right. "If we give the Republicans a (slim) majority, then they'd better do everything we want or I'm never supporting them again!! Mad "

When was the last time this country gave the right a super-majority, like they gave the left from 2011-2013? Umm, I'm going with never, or not in our lifetime. Here's the bottom line. Until you can manage to get a Republican president, House, and sixty Senators, all at the same time, quit acting like the problem is with the Republicans. We do not live in a republic that allows the party in power to do anything it wants without a super-majority, and that's good. I wish the right would quit threatening to take their ball and go home every time the Republican party gets 52 Senators and a 15 seat majority in the House. Give the Republicans sixty seats in the Senate or quit threatening to piss in your oatmeal.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'll settle for both house going under Republican control to stymie the executive branch.

Then I hope we can hold both houses through the 2024 elections.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'll settle for both house going under Republican control to stymie the executive branch.

Then I hope we can hold both houses through the 2024 elections.

That's a start, but once they have both houses, they need to ACCOMPLISH something.

From my remaining friends to the left of me, that's a constant refrain. We might prefer seeing R's dig their heels in to stop shenanigans at the federal level, but they've got to back that up with accomplishing something for the voters. Otherwise, Republicans are just the party of "nope, we're totally not doing THAT."

OK, well what ARE you doing with my vote and my tax dollars?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have some thoughts. I am so damn sick of hearing this from the right. "If we give the Republicans a (slim) majority, then they'd better do everything we want or I'm never supporting them again!! Mad "
-----------------------------------------------

I don't get this desire of so many Republicans who want to destroy fellow Republicans. I'm NOT talking about Liz Cheney. I'm talking about the 13 Republicans who voted for the infrastructure bill. Maybe these guys think that it's a good idea to spend some money repairing roads and bridges in their district. They're representing their constituents, and they think it's a good idea to do this. So why would you want to destroy them. The main objection I've heard is that it's giving Biden a "victory." Like this is a football game. The fact is that Trump said at the end of his term before the election that he wanted to do a big infrastructure bill. You mean that all these people who are criticizing these 13 would have had the same opinion if this was Trump's infrastructure bill? We all know everyone of them would be thinking it was a great idea. I oppose Republican circular firing squads.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Just think -- if democrats lose the House, Pelosi will be looking for a new job.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Just think -- if democrats lose the House, Pelosi will be looking for a new job.

Supposedly, she's not going to be running for reelection. Mcarthy seems to be clear on this as he's said so.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

When was the last time this country gave the right a super-majority, like they gave the left from 2011-2013? Umm, I'm going with never, or not in our lifetime. Here's the bottom line. Until you can manage to get a Republican president, House, and sixty Senators, all at the same time, quit acting like the problem is with the Republicans. We do not live in a republic that allows the party in power to do anything it wants without a super-majority, and that's good. I wish the right would quit threatening to take their ball and go home every time the Republican party gets 52 Senators and a 15 seat majority in the House. Give the Republicans sixty seats in the Senate or quit threatening to piss in your oatmeal.

And I am sick of Republicrats asking for my vote then doing things that are bad for the country. Too many lobbyists lining the pockets of the politicians. Aside from Trump when was something actually done for the people that was good? It's been since Gingrich!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post