SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prescription Drug Pricing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prescription Drug Pricing Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My cardiologist just had me start on Entresto. My 3 month copay through insurance was just under $1400. I got the manufacturer’s copay card so I only had to pay $10 for a 30 day supply. The regular cost was $637. Given the program has a max benefit of $2500, I have no idea what I will do in a few months.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
My cardiologist just had me start on Entresto. My 3 month copay through insurance was just under $1400. I got the manufacturer’s copay card so I only had to pay $10 for a 30 day supply. The regular cost was $637. Given the program has a max benefit of $2500, I have no idea what I will do in a few months.

Back in grad school, I had no insurance. Insulin was $100/vial at US pharmacies. I started buying it from an online Canadian pharmacy for 1/3 the price. That may be an option.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I started buying it from an online Canadian pharmacy for 1/3 the price.

I have done this also, but you have to be careful that you're buying the legitimate medication and not a third world knock off.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I started buying it from an online Canadian pharmacy for 1/3 the price.

I have done this also, but you have to be careful that you're buying the legitimate medication and not a third world knock off.

100%. I thoroughly researched the pharmacy I used.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
Cvs bought out a small local pharmacy chain I had been using. Paying cash, they sold me a 90 day supply of Lipitor for $10. Go to cvs to pick up my prescription, he asks for my insurance card, gets my pills and see the bottle is a little empty. I tell him no, the prescription is for a 90 day supply, says right here on the side of my old bottle, please don’t change my prescription without asking me. We can’t provide it as a 90 day supply he says. B.S. I get out a $10 from my wallet, and tell him to charge me the cash price, that’ll be $354 sir. Excuse me? Another fine example of corporate America screwing with me. Will never go to another cvs as long as I live.

CVS is quickly becoming a behemoth and a virtual monopoly, they actually BOUGHT Aetna last year, that's how big they've gotten. My employer switched us from Express Scrips last year to CVS Caremark this year for prescriptions and we are seeing prices for things tripled and quadrupled with CVS over Express Scrips. Frown

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
Cvs bought out a small local pharmacy chain I had been using. Paying cash, they sold me a 90 day supply of Lipitor for $10. Go to cvs to pick up my prescription, he asks for my insurance card, gets my pills and see the bottle is a little empty. I tell him no, the prescription is for a 90 day supply, says right here on the side of my old bottle, please don’t change my prescription without asking me. We can’t provide it as a 90 day supply he says. B.S. I get out a $10 from my wallet, and tell him to charge me the cash price, that’ll be $354 sir. Excuse me? Another fine example of corporate America screwing with me. Will never go to another cvs as long as I live.
CVS is quickly becoming a behemoth and a virtual monopoly, they actually BOUGHT Aetna last year, that's how big they've gotten. My employer switched us from Express Scrips last year to CVS Caremark this year for prescriptions and we are seeing prices for things tripled and quadrupled with CVS over Express Scrips. Frown
My Medicare Part D (Prescription Drugs) is through Silver Script, which is owned by CVS. In many (most?) cases, my Rx is lower cost at Publix pharmacy than it would be at CVS!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post