SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My (Belated) Birthday Lunch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My (Belated) Birthday Lunch Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

I think if you wanted a discount on your meal you should say something to the manager while you're there.

If anyone could complain over their website and expect to get a meal discount then how many do you think they would be giving out everyday?
You might want to go back, and re-read the thread before you post.

I (V-Tail) originated the thread. I never said anything about wanting a discount. Never.

Bendable was the one who suggested a discount, not me.

Your post indicates that you are confusing my posts, and Bendable's.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I was replying to bendable on that specific post. I know that wasn't your response however what exactly were you expecting? They apologized. What else did you want them to do?

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Happy belated birthday
quote:
B and B
I'm betting that a chain restaurant had neither Benedictine nor Brandy. A lot of those places don't even have the classic mixers and have to use a flavored spirit (e.g. flavored vodka, flavored rum) to kind of sort of make drinks.

One of my go to cocktails is a Paloma which is the most popular drink in western Mexico. Despite having a smart phone in their hand, many don't even have the gumption to google it and have to come back to ask what is in it. I'll tell them 2 ways to make it (squirt/fresca method and the real grapefuit juice method) and getting back something tasty was so rare that I just cancelled if they had to ask what was in it.

B and B is a specific product I've seen in every liquor store I've looked. I'm never without a bottle at home though it's a bit pricey.
It's a distinction without a difference whether you're making it with equal parts brandy and benedictine or if you're serving the makers of benedictine's pre-mixed bottle which contains equal parts brandy and benedictine.

Ask for a Jagermeister. See what happens. Something that is marketed as a retail product, when you ask for it they either have it or not.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Happy belated birthday
quote:
B and B
I'm betting that a chain restaurant had neither Benedictine nor Brandy. A lot of those places don't even have the classic mixers and have to use a flavored spirit (e.g. flavored vodka, flavored rum) to kind of sort of make drinks.

One of my go to cocktails is a Paloma which is the most popular drink in western Mexico. Despite having a smart phone in their hand, many don't even have the gumption to google it and have to come back to ask what is in it. I'll tell them 2 ways to make it (squirt/fresca method and the real grapefuit juice method) and getting back something tasty was so rare that I just cancelled if they had to ask what was in it.

B and B is a specific product I've seen in every liquor store I've looked. I'm never without a bottle at home though it's a bit pricey.
It's a distinction without a difference whether you're making it with equal parts brandy and benedictine or if you're serving the makers of benedictine's pre-mixed bottle which contains equal parts brandy and benedictine.

Ask for a Jagermeister. See what happens. Something that is marketed as a retail product, when you ask for it they either have it or not.
That's a flawed analogy. When the 2 ingredient recipe is known (e.g. B&B, rum & coke, etc) it's an apples and oranges comparison to a secret recipe such as Jagermeister with an unknown percentage of the herbs, fruits, roots, spices, sugar, caramel, and alcohol.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
f.w.i.w.:
that's the e-mail that I would hope to get back,

I have received three like that out of the half dozen notice of poor or dissatisfied circumstances .

I have only used one of the three.

there are people that would take advantage though

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54607 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was replying to bendable on that specific post. I know that wasn't your response however what exactly were you expecting? They apologized. What else did you want them to do?
What do I expect? I guess not much, given their miserable performance.

A different question: What would be A Good Thing, for customer relations? I can give a more meaningful answer to that question.

I own and operate a small business. If a customer contacts me with a legitimate complaint or problem, I give them a response that specifically addresses the issue, not "generic answer # 4 with corporate-speak nonsense." An apology, sure, but I do not believe that an apology alone is a sufficient response for my customers.

Depending on the specific problem, I might tell the customer what changes I might make to avoid a repeat occurrence. I might offer a discount for their next transaction with us. However I respond, it will be clear that this is a response to an individual, and I am addressing that person's specific problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I just never expect anything when corresponding through email or web pages. Regardless how you run your business, most businesses don't put a lot of effort into that aspect of customer communication. Obviously, it doesn't hurt to try but I never expect to get results thru that avenue.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just never expect anything when corresponding through email or web pages. Regardless how you run your business, most businesses don't put a lot of effort into that aspect of customer communication. Obviously, it doesn't hurt to try but I never expect to get results thru that avenue.
"Hope springs eternal in the human breast."

--Alexander Pope, 1734, An Essay On Man

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's not really an "unanticipated shortage" if they've never carried the items in the first place.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Customer Unhappiness Network Technology"

Big Grin Hahaha!

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post